• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Okay, confession time - I didn't really watch that, beyond the first two goals, because it was painfully obvious even at that point how it was going to go. So I'm not going to comment too much on individual performances, although obviously everyone involved should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. 

However, the manager's performance can't be ignored. The high line was disastrous, but anyone can make a mistake, what's baffling is that he refused to change it at any point after five goals went in in the first half. Apparently, even at half time. To be honest, that makes me angry, and worried about the future, because the only possible reason for that is sheer stubbornness. It would be less worrying if he seemed to know how to change tactics during a match normally, but he always leaves changes too late, and they never really come off. 

He really is 'Tactics Tim' today. 

Southampton are a good side. I didn't think they'd be that good, but I feared we'd get beat. Dreadful stuff. As bad as anything we've seen under the Scottish managers. I think I'm gonna go and have a little cry, before I start my 90 min "I love Harry Kane" chant. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to criticise players or Manager for one dreadful and one below par half of football.

I think the players weren't at it today, sleepwalking all over the pitch, but I'll put it down to a consequence of the high levels they've played at recently.

I don't go along with much of the criticism of manager either, even Murinho would struggle conceding three in two minutes, and we've seen top top sides with to managers get undone is the same in the last ear or two.

Hopefully that's our poor game out the way and two good ones to follow.

• Like 3

What the hell happened? Went to the toilet, came back to us being down 3-0. This game was a flashback to the dire times under Lambert. Oh well....

Now let's hope Spurs win against Hull.

MOTM - Villa away fans

I don't feel like no man in any match, embarrassed beyond belief. New record set at villas expense

Agreed, it genuinely does feel embarrassing. I had kind of hoped we were past that. 

What the hell happened? Went to the toilet, came back to us being down 3-0. This game was a flashback to the dire times under Lambert. Oh well....

Now let's hope Spurs win against Hull.

Lol, yeah that would have been a bit of a shock.

A 1-0 loss I could handle. But a 6-1 thumping which shatters confidence and batters our goal difference is an absolute nightmare of a scenario. Hoping for other teams to save us is terrifying to me.

Â