The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope you are right mark but im not at all optimistic 

I think we also need to remember in terms of the corruption around covid it was friends/family/major donors of the Tories that benefited by hundreds of thousands/millions/tens of millions of pounds. That alone has meant the Tories were never going to go after those who they'd facilitated. 

• Like 3

Shame they have been very overshadowed by world events, but even as a neutral they appear to be providing enough answers to the country's problems, at a time when ahead in the polls anyway, that I cannot see how they lose from here. I'm actually feeling optimistic.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I'm actually feeling optimistic.

I wish I shared your optimism. After what's happened in Israel this week, the right leaning Tory papers are already stating that Starmer was a Corbyn supporter in 2019, and then suggesting Corbyn is supportive of the actions Hamas took against the Israeli's. The link they suggest is fairly obvious. We're going to have stories and smears like this until the next election, and we know that parts of the public quite happily buy into it. I read one column today that suggested that the anti-Semites in the party never went away; they were just being quiet. Again, people believe this BS, and it never seems to be challenged.

19 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I wish I shared your optimism. After what's happened in Israel this week, the right leaning Tory papers are already stating that Starmer was a Corbyn supporter in 2019, and then suggesting Corbyn is supportive of the actions Hamas took against the Israeli's. The link they suggest is fairly obvious. We're going to have stories and smears like this until the next election, and we know that parts of the public quite happily buy into it. I read one column today that suggested that the anti-Semites in the party never went away; they were just being quiet. Again, people believe this BS, and it never seems to be challenged.

100% - this gives the tories licence to go pin demonic Corbyn on Starmer and the wider Labour party. I don't like Starmer personally but clearly he's a smart operator by dumping Jezza so early and IMHO I think he's successfully insulated Labour from these attacks. They will try of course!

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What's his cause? Didn't get it before he went down. 

He says “True Democracy is citizen led. Politics needs an update. We are in crisis. We need a People’s House!”. 

Maybe he was looking for directions to the pub?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Call me a bit of a sceptic, but that whole sequence just feels off. Why does Starmer just politely stand there with no reaction? He doesn't even look at the guy accosting him for more than a glance, and even security didn't seem that bothered.

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

He says “True Democracy is citizen led. Politics needs an update. We are in crisis. We need a People’s House!”. 

Maybe he was looking for directions to the pub?

Makes sense, more sense than the Democracy is disciple lead that I though I heard

Given your answer, I'd suggest campaigning for a move to PR and a second elected chamber (de facto abolishing the HoL at the same time)

Not sure what the fairy dust signifies though

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Call me a bit of a sceptic, but that whole sequence just feels off. Why does Starmer just politely stand there with no reaction? He doesn't even look at the guy accosting him for more than a glance, and even security didn't seem that bothered.

Because the cameras are on him and he will be judged by his reaction (or over reaction). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Tories stole Covid money to back Hamas to attack the Israelis in order blame Corbyn and bring labour down. Simple’s. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Because the cameras are on him and he will be judged by his reaction (or over reaction). 

If it was a stunt, he should have decked him with the cameras at the perfect angle to re-enact that Ali vs Frazier picture. The protestor was right, politics is broken, but from Labour's POV it would certainly bring a lot more attention to the conference than the "protest or power" line.

Edited by wishywashy

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Lets just for a second forget this is glitter. How has this was allowed to happen and why did security take so long to get the protester off starmer? If this was a mad man and he pulled a knife on starmer this could have been a very serious situation 

Should be a massive investigation on this

On 09/10/2023 at 17:01, markavfc40 said:

I think we also need to remember in terms of the corruption around covid it was friends/family/major donors of the Tories that benefited by hundreds of thousands/millions/tens of millions of pounds. That alone has meant the Tories were never going to go after those who they'd facilitated. 

Are you confusing a few things here. Legitimate companies that benefitted for no apparent gain versus fraud. Labour and the HMRC in particular are talking about fraud generated from schemes created to support covid. Activity like creating a fake company to apply for bounce back loans. 

While i think the government may have enabled associates/colleagues and many others to benefit from investments made through covid, I dont think ive seen any evidence that they were part of fraud.

Â