The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

So he both welcomes an independent investigation, and has already made up his mind on the findings.

Impressive.

If he called for Dick to resign, he'd have made his mind up already wouldn't he?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If he called for Dick to resign, he'd have made his mind up already wouldn't he?

Yes, expressing any opinion on the outcome of an investigation you’ve called for would be.... odd thinking, not least for someone with a legal background.

Call for an investigation, or pass opinion on what she should do. Not both.

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yes, expressing any opinion on the outcome of an investigation you’ve called for would be.... odd thinking, not least for someone with a legal background.

Call for an investigation, or pass opinion on what she should do. Not both.

Yes, I agree with that

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Maybe it's a part quote and he said something along the lines of "I don't think Cressida Dick should resign until we've had the results of that investigation".

That is possible, it would be spectacularly bad form to crop a quote to substantially alter the message.

Not impossible, but I would expect some Labour push back if that quote was cropped to alter the message.

Dick won't go. She was Gold Commander of the operation that put 7 bullets in Jean Charles de Menezes at close range, and she got promotions after that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Dick won't go. She was Gold Commander of the operation that put 7 bullets in Jean Charles de Menezes at close range, and she got promotions after that. 

Yeah but killing innocent people isn't a serious as making Priti look bad. Making Priti look bad is one of the worst crimes there is, it's almost up there with upsetting Carrie.

• Haha 2

Jedward, inexplicably have pretty **** intelligent tweets. 

They do the self promotion stuff as well but on the whole you get way more sense out of them than similar artists. Musically of course they are dogshit. 

• Like 3

This will be a fascinating one. In 2019, the Brexit Party got 26% of the vote in Hartlepool, 10.6k votes. Labour beat the tories by less than 4k votes.

I'd expect the Brexit Party vote share to collapse, but will they swing back to Labour now that Brexit is "done" or go Conservative?

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This will be a fascinating one. In 2019, the Brexit Party got 26% of the vote in Hartlepool, 10.6k votes. Labour beat the tories by less than 4k votes.

I'd expect the Brexit Party vote share to collapse, but will they swing back to Labour now that Brexit is "done" or go Conservative?

I think we all know the answer to that and it ain't Labour.

On 14/03/2021 at 22:42, OutByEaster? said:

Making Priti look bad is one of the worst crimes there is

Best she turns herself in then  - "You got me bang to rights Copper, lock me up and throw away the key"

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I think we all know the answer to that and it ain't Labour.

I don't think we 'know' it to be honest. We have our suspicions, and I share yours, but it's not as simple as all that. If Brexit don't stand, and nothing else changes either way, their vote would have to break 2:1 to the Tories to carry them over the top. Of course that's possible, maybe even likely, but it's far from guaranteed.

Too many people on social media just adding 10k votes to the Tory column and pronouncing it done. By-elections can cause surprises.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think we 'know' it to be honest. We have our suspicions, and I share yours, but it's not as simple as all that. If Brexit don't stand, and nothing else changes either way, their vote would have to break 2:1 to the Tories to carry them over the top. Of course that's possible, maybe even likely, but it's far from guaranteed.

Too many people on social media just adding 10k votes to the Tory column and pronouncing it done. By-elections can cause surprises.

Yeah agreed. I'm being flippant / downbeat. After backing Villa, Remain, Clinton, Corbyn and Labour in 2 GE's, I'm a bit pessimistic about anything good ever happening again.

• Sad 1

Just now, darrenm said:

Yeah agreed. I'm being flippant / downbeat. After backing Villa, Remain, Clinton, Corbyn and Labour in 2 GE's, I'm a bit pessimistic about anything good ever happening again.

Haha yeah, I know the feeling. But look on the bright side, it's one by-election in a Parliament where the Tories have an 80-odd seat majority, it absolutely doesn't matter in the slightest.

I just think people are slightly under-rating the possibility that part of the reason the Brexit Party vote may have been so high is a historic reluctance for people to vote Tory.

Â