The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So for example khan blames the government for the extension of the congestion charge and ulez but when probed he admitted it was his decison with a interview on GMB. 

See this is my point. Because of the pandemic the public transport had a massive drop in revenue, but was required to be kept running by the Gov't.

So London needed money. The Gov't said if you want money to cover the losses, then you must extend the Congestion charge area. SO Khan could either turn down the money or extend the charge area - essentially powerless. He didn't want to do it, the Tory candidate for mayor also said it was not right. I think in the end the gov't backed down.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blandy said:

See this is my point. Because of the pandemic the public transport had a massive drop in revenue, but was required to be kept running by the Gov't.

So London needed money. The Gov't said if you want money to cover the losses, then you must extend the Congestion charge area. SO Khan could either turn down the money or extend the charge area - essentially powerless. He didn't want to do it, the Tory candidate for mayor also said it was not right. I think in the end the gov't backed down.

tfl was a financial  mess before this though. I accept your point the pandemic hasn't helped nut make it worse. Khan not only increased the price but he extended it for weekends. Sorry but khan could have stopped wasting  money on other failed projects to save abit of money. Khan didnt need to then create another miney making scheme ulez to penalise us on. The idiots only go and extended that too.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Much much worse. The pandemic should be ramming that into everyone's head

Not disputing that they have blown money but if i was a betting man labour would have wasted money on  crap too during the pandemic if they were in government 

Edited by Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not disputing that they have blown money but if i was a betting man labour would have wasted money on  crap too during the pandemic if they were in government 

Undoubtedly. 

I don't think they would have been quite so keen for as much of it to end up in the pockets of their friends and party donors though.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Every Government of every hue will waste money now and again on projects that just don't work. I think we all have to accept a small degree of failure in Govt projects but that isn't what the Tories are doing. What the Tories are doing isn't waste in any shape or form, it's cronyism and it's probable corruption on a grand scale

The Test and Trace contracts have cost every person of working age in the UK £822 each in the two years it will be running. This isn't just "waste" we're talking about.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Could always vote green guys. Green party peer jenny jones thinks men should have 6pm curfews after the sarah everArd disappearance 

You do understand that she was provoking a conversation? Showing what it’s like for women?

Putting the glove on the other foot, yeah?

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You do understand that she was provoking a conversation? Showing what it’s like for women?

Putting the glove on the other foot, yeah?

Not for me whatsoever.

Its a ridiculous example 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Margaret Beckett referring to Laura Pidcock apparently. 

Everyone focusing on the real enemy as usual. The other side of the Labour Party 

Daniel Kedabe (NEU vice president, and Laura Pidcock's partner) has confirmed this on twitter. Can't wait for her (Beckett) to get suspended.... Lol! Jokes. Keith and Dave will probably end up giving Beckett an out of court settlement and issue an apology. 🙄

Sorry I'm in a cynical mood at the moment. Oh and while I'm on the Labour thread, RIP the great Bob Crow. 7 years today. Wish we still had him in our corner. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Could always vote green guys. Green party peer jenny jones thinks men should have 6pm curfews after the sarah everArd disappearance 

Even aside from Chris's point, it would seem a very odd argument indeed to not vote Green because of the views of an unelected peer. 

14 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Can't wait for her (Beckett) to get suspended.... Lol! Jokes. Keith and Dave will probably end up giving Beckett an out of court settlement and issue an apology

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Everyone focusing on the real enemy as usual. The other side of the Labour Party 

• Like 1

Oh indeed, but if that's how it has to be, bring it on cus I'm sick of it. Leaving isn't an option. 

I'm just up for a row full stop at the moment. My union announced ballot for industrial action yesterday, so we'll have it with the bosses too. 

As Bob Crow said, "If you fight you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always lose." 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

As Bob Crow said, "If you fight you won't always win. But if you don't fight you will always lose." 

Makes sense. I wonder if the lot of you might be better off directing that fight at y'know, the pricks in Government for a change?

If Starmer was interested in bringing the factions in the Labour party together, suspending Beckett would go an awful long way to bringing a lot of people in the party back onto his side.

It's an opportunity for him.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Makes sense. I wonder if the lot of you might be better off directing that fight at y'know, the pricks in Government for a change?

Oh I've got a lot of fight to go round. See me on the door step, on the high street, in public meetings, or anywhere there's a public audience, you'll see me focusing 100% on the Tories (well maybe the Lib Dems a bit too, and far right nutters). I've been campaigning for someone massively linked to Starmer many many times. I disagreed with a lot of their politics, but I recognised that in order to get a Labour government I had to. You won't hear me slag anyone in the party (even though a lot of them deserve it) to the electorate. And yeah I know I'm doing that here, but I'm doing so behind a user name and an avatar. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

Â