The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Risso said:

I can see it almost certainly being an RLB/Rayner double act.  Of all the candidates I like Lisa Nandy the most, but unless she can get somebody like Jess Phillips on board as her number two, I don't think she stands much chance.  Wrong-Daily has the starting advantage of all the entryist Momentum nutters, which is a very strong point to kick off from.  

I like what I have heard from Lisa Nandy so far....

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Spoke to friend who is involved in the labour party - who doesn't even think the leadership contest will be close - Reckons RLB will easily be elected, as she has more support than Corbyn had when he won. 

It's looking that way, Momentum are in full swing behind her. They're banking everything on the idea that the electorate really like their policies, and it's just Corbyn and their handling of Brexit that was the problem.

Just now, Davkaus said:

It's looking that way, Momentum are in full swing behind her. They're banking everything on the idea that the electorate really like their policies, and it's just Corbyn and their handling of Brexit that was the problem.

They will IMO become so obviously unelectable  - that the more moderates will form a breakaway party. Don't get me wrong thats a very long road - but Labour winning power with RBL\Rayner is also a long road. 

7 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

I gather that the far right believe that when their chosen party of preference win an election then the opposition have to concede, and if they dare oppose their demagogue then they are subverting democracy.

Not just that - he appears to fail to understand the wider nature of democracy, the spectrum that encompasses different types of democracies and the intricacies of a system that combines constituency-based representative democracy with an overarching party system.

Edited by snowychap

I'm not sure that I thoroughly agree with her (I struggle with the violent confrontation angle even under extreme circumstances and I've obviously not seen the details of what precisely she tweeted before she became a candidate) ) but this appears a very good way of confronting an issue that might well trip up seasoned (let alone newly elected) politicians:

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The interviewer is right to ask the question.

Her answer was fine by me.

I think it was fine by me - to an extent (i.e. I don't know what her tweets said). I'm just trying to be consistent - I'm not an advocate of violence as a response to whomever for whatever.

I thought her comment further down the thread was also very good:

• Like 2

Â