The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

29 minutes ago, Awol said:

Bickster labelled as a Daily Mail reader..

I’m off to church, the end-times are coming. 

Gutter tactics from the delusional far left, they cannot be reasoned with. I was considered a Tory because I felt that state funded TV was potentially an anachronism. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, peterms said:

Why would it be only these who would join, rather than a wider group of supporters, or even opponents?  In fact, opponents are more likely to afford the higher price.

Because for the momentum groups politics is a hobby - it gives them somewhere to practice there hobby.

Moderate labour voters - don't think about politics 24/7 - perhaps once every few years when an election comes around.

As I have said before Corbyn didn't just win the labour leadership - he absolutely pissed it - with 60% of the vote - the voting labour membership wanted a hard left leader - unless something radical changes they will elect another. The have this warped notion of not being afraid of the right wing press, and that compromise is a sign of weakness.

Unless someone can stop the £3 memberships - labour is totally screwed. 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Unless someone can stop the £3 memberships - labour is totally screwed

Plenty of Tories paid £3 to elect him leader as well as the Momentum lot.

It was a nice idea to get ordinary people interested in a political party. 

It should be viewed as a failed experiment.

Any political party that allows pretty much anyone a vote without any scrutiny as to who they are and whether they really share their values is facing an uphill struggle that's for sure

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Plenty of Tories paid £3 to elect him leader as well as the Momentum lot.

It was a nice idea to get ordinary people interested in a political party. 

It should be viewed as a failed experiment.

Any political party that allows pretty much anyone a vote without any scrutiny as to who they are and whether they really share their values is facing an uphill struggle that's for sure

I haven't heard anything that says it won't be the same format this time. You shouldn't be able to vote until you have been a full member for 12 months.

Emily Thornberry now taking Caroline Flint to court for defamation.

Allegedly Thornberry remarked to a colleague holding a Leave seat that she was glad ‘my voters aren’t as stupid as yours’. Flint repeated the story on Sky News yesterday and refuses to withdraw. 

Post-election reflection process clearly going well...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Meanwhile, as Labour limber up to spend the next 4 months arguing over the correct demographic cocktail for their leader, this was tory HQ

EL3SeByXsAAg7AN?format=jpg&name=medium

Good to see that Tory HQ reflects the multicultural society it says it represents.

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

Good to see that Tory HQ reflects the multicultural society it says it represents.

In the centre of possibly the most culturally diverse city on the planet, that's actually taken some doing.

I'd suggest that at least part of the issue there, will be internship and the hurdles that places in front of most of us as a form of filtering.

Just now, bickster said:

What on earth are you lot talking about. There's a ginger on the front row, how culturally diverse do you want?

I considered using the G word, and thought no, don't go there. In 15 years time when it's my turn on the rota to be in charge of the LibDems or UKIP or whatever, they'll find that.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, bickster said:

Rubbish, the criticism of Corbyn is that he was a shit leader. Not once have I ever seen what you've suggested. He just wasn't a leader,

[...]

It didn't even come up in this election (but did the last), he couldn't even convince anyone that he'd press the button if he needed to, now whilst I have every sympathy with that, it doesn't play well. He was that bad, they didn't even have to play that card

[...]

He just wasn't a leader in any shape or form

His new form of leadership appeared to be anti-leadership

Thank goodness someone finally has the courage to define 'leadership' as 'insincerely saying you would do something you would not actually do because it is morally abhorrent, but saying you would anyway because you believe that right-wing newspaper editors want to hear it'. That's real leadership!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, peterms said:

You have demonstrated the exact point I made.

Do you read the Mail, and repeat its insights?

It is not a crisis, and you will see that It will soon evaporate if it hasn't already.  It was a convenient tool to attack him, nothing more.

He wouldn't be keen to evaporate millions of people, leading to a conflagration that would destroy the planet?  Bastard!  Lefty, white feather, pacifist bastard!

Get a grip, man.

Many find that rather appealing, especially those who have not served in the forces of repression.

The Guardian made the same point @bickster did.  I don't read The Mail, but would think if anything they'd be less likely to be critical of Milne and McCluskey and their hold over Corbyn to be honest.

The anti-semitism crisis was exactly that.  If it does disappear, it'll be because the arseholes doing it might hopefully slink back under their stones once Steptoe slinks back under his, not because it didn't exist.

The point is that by being prepared to nuke millions, it actually makes that act of having to nuke people less likely.  I'm sure you know the arguments.  Game theory, MAD etc.

It was noticeable that after a couple of years, Magic Grandpa got a whole lot less scruffy and started wearing some smart suits etc.  Shame about the wonky spectacles at the end, but you can't have everything.

Not *that* many found it appealing, it turns out.  Not enough, any road.

• Like 2

Â