Villa Kit 2015-2016

floody555

Who the **** thought this font was a good idea?

0,,10265~13835956,00.jpg

Graphic design team out.

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan.

What's wrong with it?

The PR / graphics people are obviously just pushing the 'Sherwood factor' that saved us from relegation, which was nice. Remember that the official site isn't just aimed at us cool internetz kidz with our Photoshop and minecraft skillz, it's also aimed at children, parents and old people.

I don't see the problem.

Unless, of course, it's because it's not 'cool'.

Maybe next season we should just have 1 photo of the kit on a hook, saying 'New kit', and nothing else?

Grealish's bulge in that pic haha

Probably a hip flask

But why write the quotes like a 5 year old? Don't get it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0,,10265~13835956,00.jpg

Graphic design team out.

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan.

What's wrong with it?

The PR / graphics people are obviously just pushing the 'Sherwood factor' that saved us from relegation, which was nice. Remember that the official site isn't just aimed at us cool internetz kidz with our Photoshop and minecraft skillz, it's also aimed at children, parents and old people.

I don't see the problem.

Maybe next season we should just have 1 photo of the kit on a hook, saying 'New kit', and nothing else?

Grealish's bulge in that pic haha

Probably a hip flask
Maybe it was Hepburn-Murphy.

It's a font. What's the problem?

Unless I worked in the Font Business, I can't imagine me ever being bothered about a font.

If we ever use images of writing scrawled on a wall in shit, I'll have an issue.

• Like 2

Typefaces will always be down to preference. I work as a graphic designer in my spare time and I can see what they are trying to do with the current branding. I actually don't think its perfect but its not bad by any means.

• Like 1

Unless I worked in the Font Business, I can't imagine me ever being bothered about a font.

If we ever use images of writing scrawled on a wall in shit, I'll have an issue.

Totally agree. I don't see what the fuss is about. At least it's a bit different. I like it myself, as much as I ever really care about this kind of stuff.

Totally agree. I don't see what the fuss is about. At least it's a bit different. I like it myself, as much as I ever really care about this kind of stuff.

Basically, it's like when someone sends you a CV and they've printed it in Comic Sans.

0,,10265~13835956,00.jpg

Graphic design team out.

What's wrong with it?

I don't see the problem.

Maybe next season we should just have 1 photo of the kit on a hook, saying 'New kit', and nothing else

I probably moan less than most, I was just saying that I think the font is awful. It's not something I'm going to lose sleep on but yeah, it's awful.

You aren't employed by Villa as a graphic designer by any chance are you? ;)

• Like 1

Dude the problem is I think it looks stupid. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it but my initial reaction is I think it looks crap. Is that ok with you?

• Like 1

Basically, it's like when someone sends you a CV and they've printed it in Comic Sans.

That wouldn't bother me either. I understand why people wouldn't like it, as it's a 'comic' font on, what should be, a professional document..... But if I needed a rocket scientist, and a perfectly qualified one happened to like Comic Sans, I'd find a way to look past it :D

I probably moan less than most, I was just saying that I think the font is awful. It's not something I'm going to lose sleep on but yeah, it's awful.

You aren't employed by Villa as a graphic designer by any chance are you? ;)

Haha, to be fair, yours was just one of many posts I saw moaning so thought I'd quote yours. I could have made that clearer!

And no, I don't work for Villa and I'm not a graphic designer or anything remotely similar! :D

I wish I was Villa's graphic designer, I'd be the biggest troll around, making sure that all of my designs would piss everyone off, with the hashtag #fontoff

Dude the problem is I think it looks stupid. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it but my initial reaction is I think it looks crap. Is that ok with you?
The world is okay with me, fella :)

I'm just questioning your reaction, if that's okay?

Â