Villa Kit 2015-2016

floody555

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But why write the quotes like a 5 year old? Don't get it.

It's a font. What's the problem?

Unless I worked in the Font Business, I can't imagine me ever being bothered about a font.

If we ever use images of writing scrawled on a wall in shit, I'll have an issue.

Dude the problem is I think it looks stupid. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it but my initial reaction is I think it looks crap. Is that ok with you?
The world is okay with me, fella :)

I'm just questioning your reaction, if that's okay?

And I answered your question. The fonts stink! End of.

There is nothing particularly interesting about the home kit, but it's a Villa kit through and through. Looks great!

The away is absolutely brilliant! I don't know if it's quite as good as last years, but i'll definitely be getting it. Beautiful.

That's 3 full seasons in a row now that Macron have released top notch kits, home and away.

Like the kits, home is similar to Macron's first effort, but hopefully it's a better fit/material as that one was like a tent. Looks promising from the pictures.

Away kit is lovely. Don't know why people don't like yellow kits, our yellow away kits have nearly always been lovely.

No problem with the fonts on the official pictures. I like that it's different to your bog standard kit reveal.

What I'm not keen on is the over emphasis on telling everyone we're a big club. If you're a big club you shouldn't have to go round shouting about it. BUt I guess it's a quote so it has to be there. It's a minor thing.

Also, the hashtag is David Brent levels of cringe

• Like 2

What makes me cringe about the whole "We are a big club" thing is that it's a very small time attitude.. We are a big club with a big history and a lot to be proud of, but big clubs don't need to reassure themselves and others that they are a big club. Big clubs know they are big and let their stature and prestige do the talking, never once will you hear anyone at Man Utd, or Chelsea, or Barcelona utter those words because the name, the history and their brand is such that you know what kind of club you a dealing with.. So Villa stop with the big club crap we know we are a big club, we know we are one of the few English teams to win the Champions League (European Cup), we know we are one of the few ever-presents in the Premier League, we know we have more FA Cup and League Cup wins than almost any other club.. We shouldn't be spelling it out.. 

• Like 4

Maybe the 'we're a big club'  in children's handwriting,is some sort of attempt to catch the imagination of young fans who might be thinking of supporing United or whoever. Maybe pretty insulting to young fan's intelligence. I'm not sure I can think of another reason for it though.

Edited by useless

Maybe the 'we're a big club'  in children's handwriting,is some sort of attempt to catch the imagination of young fans who might be thinking of supporing United or whoever. Maybe pretty insulting to young fan's intelligence. I'm not sure I can think of another reason for it though.

As I said on a previous page, I'm assuming it's a nod to Acorns. Children's charity, child-like writing etc...

It's not meant to be children's handwriting so I think you're barking up the wrong tree there. It's just meant to be a casual, scribbling note-like font. People are blowing it well out of proportion.

Â