Ratings and Reactions: Man City - Villa

limpid

Aston Villa are better than Man City and Liverpool. We have just proved that recently. Anyone that thinks we are going down really is a complete moron.

Anyone who writes sentences like your first there, is a complete moron.

Played better than both in the last two games, nothing else supports such wild statements.

Remarkably: 3 points dropped. Hopeless individual errors and hopeless at clearing the ball as a team. Manager after manager, we never ever clear our lines.

Having played a game more we could be in trouble.

What about the positives though! I thought we were magnificent but for the errors. 

We can condole ourselves with the positives all the way down a division, we needed to **** get a result there

we really didnt

We have 4 games left where we could easily pick up some points, the result today isn't all doom and gloom despite everything. As long as we don't slip off and keep playing well we'll be fine.

• Like 1

This game, which should have been at least a draw if not a victory, should have seen us safe from relegation. The referee needs to be sent to the conference as Benteke was not offside and should have been awarded a penalty and then Man City would not have fluked their 3rd goal. I have never seen a team so outplayed that has scored 3 goals and won. There needs to be an FA inquiry into this game with the referee at the centre of the investigation as I am convinced he was bribed by Man City.

What about the 2-3 against Southampton last season?

We have 4 games left where we could easily pick up some points, the result today isn't all doom and gloom despite everything. As long as we don't slip off and keep playing well we'll be fine.

That's a far too reasoned and sensible comment for Villa Talk.

Have to improve the defense and win some home games.

Then win the cup.

Easy.

Expecting a pasting after the first ten minutes but from then on in we were the better team. Deserved at least a point, if not all three. 

Disappointing to lose but a lot of positives to take from the game

Was he bribed when he didn't give city two deserved pens?

He didn't even consider our pen because he'd already been told Benteke was offside.

We lost because we have some awful players who made some awful mistakes!

**** the FA Cup. Our Premiership survival is paramount to some tin pot cup.

I agree that survival is th most important thing but I don't see why we should disregard the FA Cup. Also it is the greatest cup competition in world football and far from being "tinpot" as you put it.

Oh and it stopped being called the Premiership about 500 years ago.

People talk about defensive mistakes as if they are unusual.

I would say its a fair bet that three quartets of all goals can be put down to defensive mistakes, the rest are attacking brilliance.

Yes we made some, but every other club around us has, and will again before the season is out.

Few, if any of them, carry the midfield skill and attacking threat we now do.

In case anyone didn't notice, we did just, even after a gift goal and dozy opening twenty minutes, dominate the current champions on their own patch.

Lino got it wrong but it was hardly a terrible decision , I'm sure we all needed the replay to see that Bene was just on ... Zog should have played the earlier ball and we wouldn't be having this discussion , such are the fine margins in football

Other results today and I feared for us , that performance has lessened my fear , the players look confident and hopefully can get us the 4 points we need

Grealish really looked to be enjoying himself today , I'll be honest I never saw him turning in performances like the last few weeks after his brief appearances under Lambert , hope he keeps it up

Feel like it was the same old same old against a top 4 team. The team gave a good effort and didn't make it easy for City, but the silly mistakes led to a bad result.. Seems to happen too often where a good Villa performance is overshadowed by silly errors against a top 4 team. Promising performance all the same and Everton or West Ham will not be looking forward to visiting Villa Park. 

Â