The FA Cup Final Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Did anyone see Paul Lambert on BT sport?  He picked his team for tomorrow and I'd like to know who he went for?   There's a link on newsnow but I can't view it because I'm outside the U.K. 

------------------Given------------------

Bacuna-Okore-Vlaar-Baker-Hutton

--Sanchez-Westwood-Richardson--

------------------Delph------------------

-----------------Benteke-----------------

Using McLeish's fabled Dutch system.

I can honestly see us losing 4-0 or 4-1 etc with them being 3-0 up by half time. I just think that Arsenal are the best at exposing teams who play an open game and with Villa opened wider than a wannabe wag's legs I fear what they will do to us tomorrow. For me, our only hope is that we can pose them such a threat that they instinctively drop deeper and don't pose such a threat at the other end. But, is "dropping deeper" an instinct of Arsenal's? I am not so sure.

I sincerely hope and pray that we win, by hook or by crook but, I cannot help but feel that Arsenal will play us off the park tomorrow by exposing the gaps we leave.

It's funny how with each game our chances against the opposition have gradually got slimmer and slimmer yet we've still made it through.

3rd round: heavy favourites against Championship basement dwellers Blackpool

4th round: reasonably strong favourites against top of the Championship Bournemouth

5th round: favourites against then bottom of the table Leicester

QF: slight favourites against bottom 10 West Brom

SF: outsiders against top 6 Liverpool

Final: heavy underdogs against top 3rd-placed Arsenal

Just one more win...

Funnily enough, our performances have actually got more and more convincing as we've progressed.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

When the pressure has really, really been on under Tim we have turned up, big time. I think we'll do the same tomorrow.

I know people will chuck the Southampton game in as an example but I didn't and still don't consider have that to been a high stakes match - as was proved by the fact we were safe by the end of that particular afternoon.

Can see it being the most one sided final in years.

I agree.

8-0 to Villa

That would make it the most one sided ever, so you don't agree :)

Last time I was this excited about a game was in '82 (at least I think I haven't, it's been a while though). I keep getting back to the moment when Rimmer left the pitch and Spink came on with one frigging match under his belt. Against Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Paul Breitner. Terrifying.

Arsenal is good, but if we won then, we sure can win now.

Edited by AVTuco
  • Like 1