Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Simon Jones, Gregg Evans and Alan Nixon saying that we want Gestede for £6m but they want £8m. We might offer some youth players to sweeten the deal.

If it's youth players on loan, I'd say that's a win-win situation for us.

Simon Jones, Gregg Evans and Alan Nixon saying that we want Gestede for £6m but they want £8m. We might offer some youth players to sweeten the deal.

If it's youth players on loan, I'd say that's a win-win situation for us.

I've read Blackburn want Robinson.

Yeah I need this transfer window to end so I can actually do some work.

"Brian, how's the project coming along".

"Project, yes, emm, well we just need another striker, maybe a centre back and we're good to go.  Should be done by end of August".

• Like 1

Just a question here.  How many is too many?

Overall?  If we sign Veretout, that should be it for midfield.  I'd be incredibly happy with that depth and versatility too - we could change up our game quite significantly depending on the opposition.

Defence... I'd like to see us sign a centre back.  I'm not convinced Clark/Okore/Richards (as CB?)/Baker have enough in them, nor will stay injury free, for an entire season.

Up front - You'd assume we're one (perhaps 2?) more away from looking good.  Kozak/Agbonlahor/Ayew seem to offer "nuisance" but I'm not convinced there's enough there to replace Benteke.  Adebayor on loan would be decent but I'd like another signing there.  Again, gives us the option of more formations/abilities depending on opposition.

I'm "expecting" 4 more signings (inc. Veretout) really.  And I like this :D

• Like 1

Imagine if as well as everything else we were to start benefitting from having our own promising prospects developed by other sides now too.  We might have to commission a statue of Sherwood.

I have feeling we might sign a keep too, Begovic was one of the first player we were linked too / bid for, seems strange that we haven't been linked to any other keepers since, but I sense a decent money bid for Begovic clearly had some careful consideration and thought behind it 

Just a question here.  How many is too many?

Overall?  If we sign Veretout, that should be it for midfield.  I'd be incredibly happy with that depth and versatility too - we could change up our game quite significantly depending on the opposition.

Defence... I'd like to see us sign a centre back.  I'm not convinced Clark/Okore/Richards (as CB?)/Baker have enough in them, nor will stay injury free, for an entire season.

Up front - You'd assume we're one (perhaps 2?) more away from looking good.  Kozak/Agbonlahor/Ayew seem to offer "nuisance" but I'm not convinced there's enough there to replace Benteke.  Adebayor on loan would be decent but I'd like another signing there.  Again, gives us the option of more formations/abilities depending on opposition.

I'm "expecting" 4 more signings (inc. Veretout) really.  And I like this :D

Crespo plays centre back as well, so that might be ok. I agree that we definitely need another good striker, as well as Adebayor.. 

Do i imagine it or did we sign somebody who works similar to a DOF role this summer?

We signed Hendrik Almstadt but he is in no way a director of football although some confused him for one at the time.
  • Like 1

What can Gestede offer us that Kozak can't?

Only thing I can think of is that he could maybe help with settling in a few of the players.

That said we do need another striker so I wouldn't be against it but would perhaps want a different style of striker.

What can Gestede offer us that Kozak can't?

Only thing I can think of is that he could maybe help with settling in a few of the players.

That said we do need another striker so I wouldn't be against it but would perhaps want a different style of striker.

He looks quicker and physically better suited to the prem.