Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

So can anyone who speaks french translate the tweet from 'Paul Praud'  ? 

Paschal?

He says Vertout to Aston Villa. A priori, it's done.

Now I don't understand what a priori means in any language. I believe it's latin and has something to do with, before anything else. So maybe he's saying that you may be expecting some protracted transfer saga, like with Ayew, but this one is already done.

Or he might just be making fun of the fact that Villa are signing all the Jordans. Seems less likely though. He thinks we've signed him is my guess.

So can anyone who speaks french translate the tweet from 'Paul Praud' ?

Paschal?

Now I don't understand what a priori means in any language. I believe it's latin and has something to do with, before anything else. So maybe he's saying that you may be expecting some protracted transfer saga, like with Ayew, but this one is already done.

Or he might just be making fun of the fact that Villa are signing all the Jordans. Seems less likely though. He thinks we've signed him is my guess.

Cheers, it's just the question mark in his tweet made me wonder about the context it was meant in.

So can anyone who speaks french translate the tweet from 'Paul Praud'  ? 

Paschal?

Priori means in principle or theory. 

Praud used to be with Nantes as Communication director and I guess still has friends there. Might be a source, but according to the comments is not especially reliable.

It's 11.30 at night (12.30 in France) and its moved from Spurs tonLiverpool to Villa and back to Spurs in no time at all. Can we just assume nobody knows and pick this up again in the cold light of day when it's more likely the player and people involved will actually be awake?

Looks like he is going to Spurs

What's that based on?  The one report I read specifically said the team representing the player didn't like the idea of moving to spurs.

Basically some 18 year old Nantes fan on Twitter said he's joining Spurs so some of our fans have accepted it without question.

Looks like he is going to Spurs

What's that based on?  The one report I read specifically said the team representing the player didn't like the idea of moving to spurs.

Basically some 18 year old Nantes fan on Twitter said he's joining Spurs so some of our fans have accepted it without question.

Exactly how I see it. Negative news so they choose to believe his story. At least this Praud guy has links to the club and 45k followers!

So can anyone who speaks french translate the tweet from 'Paul Praud' ?

Paschal?

Priori means in principle or theory.

A priori means knowledge gained by theoretical means, not through experience.

I'm pretty sure it's a joke about us signing all the Jordan's.

It's 11.30 at night (12.30 in France) and its moved from Spurs tonLiverpool to Villa and back to Spurs in no time at all. Can we just assume nobody knows and pick this up again in the cold light of day when it's more likely the player and people involved will actually be awake?

Absolutely not!!  We will hold an all night vigil during which we will debate every meaningless tweet written in French, whilst at the same time someone clever changes his wiki profile!

Tis our way

• Like 3