Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

See sky bet has us favs to sign Cambiasso, I'd be delighted with him. Stil don't understand Nixon tweeting he's retiring & yet the sun runs an article we are going to sign him.

Saw that Amy tweet he's having talks next week but she doesn't know f*** all.

Edited by mightysasquatch

I see him mentioned a lot but is Praet or similar really a priority? We already have Gil and Grealish to play attacking midfield.

I think he is because we need goals from more sources.  Lets say our target is 45 goals, Leicester scored 46 last year and finished 14th.  Where are those goals going to come from?  Lets assume defenders chip in with 6 or so.  That means we still need 40.  If Ayew and Ade sign and have a good season we should be able to realistically expect 25-30 goals from the forward line (Inc. Gabby, Libor).  But even then we still need somewhere in the region of 10-15 goals from our midfield.  I can’t see our DMs (Sánchez, Westward and Gueye) scoring too many so its Gill, Grealish, Sinclair.  So for me someone like Praet would be a priority.

Imagine what it was like in the 70's. (Bit off topic,  I am too young to remember ish)

"I heard we have a new midfield player,  he's a bit young though"

"What's his name?"

"Dunno,  Cowans or something,  he's really skinny and I just can't see it working"

"Typical Villa,  what are they doing down there FFS."

No youtube clips or anything,  then we go and see him play,  it must have been like *******ing Christmas.

Not really as Cowans came through our Youth System so we knew about him.  If you said Bremner then I can understand especially as he was around 28 when we signed him.  Usually the good midfielders in Scotland moved before that age.

Selling Andy Gray and John Gidman back then seemed like the end of the world but two years later we were champions

• Like 1

Well that Max Jacobs fella was spot on with Ayew, another for people who love shooting down things just because it's on twitter!

He also tweets an awful lot of stuff that doesn't happen.  

Well that Max Jacobs fella was spot on with Ayew, another for people who love shooting down things just because it's on twitter!

As has been said on his page, and would be common sense in the game, of course there will be things that don't come off, or change! He also admits when something is off, it's just like any other form of reporting, even the ACTUAL news channels occasionally get things wrong. If it is not someone just on the windup or trolling I see know reason for the hate on people speculating or getting information  from sources they deem to be reliable. Isn't that kind of what makes the transfer window etc. exciting? We would be all going mental on here if we never heard any speculation.

• Like 1

I'd love Gestede at Villa. Watched the championship alot last year and hes plays basically the same way as Benteke and scores all sorts of goals. He absolutely bullies defenders even more so than the beast. Only difference is id say, is that hes not got as good technique. But for the rumoured £6 mill seems rude not to 

Seen we've been linked with Austin again today. The bottom line is he's a proven goal scorer in this league so we know what we're getting. Hopefully we can get this deal carved in stone and he doesn't go cold on us.

Edited by guyavfc

As has been said on his page, and would be common sense in the game, of course there will be things that don't come off, or change! He also admits when something is off, it's just like any other form of reporting, even the ACTUAL news channels occasionally get things wrong. If it is not someone just on the windup or trolling I see know reason for the hate on people speculating or getting information  from sources they deem to be reliable. Isn't that kind of what makes the transfer window etc. exciting? We would be all going mental on here if we never heard any speculation.

My point is that he seems to just tweet things that have appeared in the papers overseas, or have been widely speculated upon. 

I very much doubt that he would have inside knowledge, or links, to all the rumours / deals, that he tweets about.

After we get in Ayew, I would get one more CM and one more striker.

Unless of course Gardner is ready to step up.

Gooooood summer so far.

I lol'd

Reason being?