Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Remi failed one at Liverpool, Ba at Stoke and Austin at Hull. All went on to score lots for clubs that signed them after those failed deals.

Hence why I'm not totally put off by the idea of Austin.

Id take Austin.

I'm all for signing players like Amavi, Gueye, Darder etc. as I think this is the way forward.

However, it might not be best to gamble on the benteke replacement as he is the man that kept us up last season. Austin will score 15-20 if he is brought in and stays fit.

Knowing our luck we would shell out 15 million on him then he would get clattered in his 1st game and that would be his season over! Big risk and i dont think it is worth 15 million, maybe 7 and bonuses taking the transfer up to 12 miliion if he stays injury free etc

Knowing our luck we would shell out 15 million on him then he would get clattered in his 1st game and that would be his season over! Big risk and i dont think it is worth 15 million, maybe 7 and bonuses taking the transfer up to 12 miliion if he stays injury free etc

That could happen to any player. I'd offer £12m with 3m in clauses goals survival etc

Austin is out of contract in a year, QPR have to sell to recover a fee but only offer so far is 12mil so I think we can compromise under 15mil.

Given talk of a knee issue structuring the fee around appearances / goals might be a smart thing to do.

Didn't realise it was a shoulder injury though with Austin. Obviously that can be just as serious as knee/leg injuries but if he's had surgery all ready does that mean the problem is fixed or merely a ticking time bomb?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3150043/Newcastle-United-keen-sign-Charlie-Austin-injury-concerns-mean-willing-pay-12m-QPR-striker.html

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2015-07-19/aston-villa-zkt-spits-club-brugge-kreeg-al-bod-van-tien-miljoen-euro-binnen

Translated...

Aston Villa comes with a full money bag on the transfer market . English first division already knocked at Olympia. In other words, obbi oulare is on the radar .

With that news, the English Hitch comes out. And Aston Villa also immediately throws a bag of money against . Obbi oulare is worth according to the Villans namely ten million. Nice detail: that's the amount that was then coughed for Christian Benteke .
Villa is the second club which is angling for the services of Oulare . Borussia Dortmund also tried the young striker for weeks already loose, but Vincent Mannaert left when clearly understood that 6.5 million too little to convince blue - black.
Batsman also on the radar

Oh yeah, there is still a compatriot wishlist Villa . Tim Sherwood is in fact a big fan of Michy Batshuayi . But in Birmingham we know that Olympique Marseille is not planning to let the 21 -year-old striker leave.

With the pound the strongest it's ever been against the Euro, now is the perfect time to be going on a shopping spree in Europe! Strike whilst the quid is hot as they say/have never once said. Remy and Martial to continue the French revolution, just hopefully far better than Newcastle's go at it. May as well go for Yohanne Gourcuff whilst we're at it, should be enough to convince Lloris to come too then. 

I really like Austin but with 1 year left on his deal with a little concern over his knee, and with them stuck in the Championship, anything over £12m would be seem quite expensive. Remy's goal to games ratio in the Premiership is quality and would be far more worthwhile spending that little bit extra on the fee/wages total compared to Adebayor who's the wrong side of 30, generally lazy apart from little bursts here and there and mentally not in the best of places now.

So yes, Remy, Remy Remy! 

Rupert Bell on Talksport just said we are set to sign Austin. Will take that one with a pinch of salt.

Rupert Bell is a Villa fan though so he wouldn't make it up. Not sure what his sources are like though
I saw something tweeted by '@FootyAdvisor' saying they saw Charlie Austin at Newbury and he told them he was having a medical with us on Wednesday. It sounds like bollocks to me, not to mention it was retweeted by Julie B!

That could happen to any player. I'd offer £12m with 3m in clauses goals survival etc

It could happen to any player, but I agree with the point that that would be 'just our luck'. We have a dreadful history of our brightest prospects picking up the worst injuries.

Delph, Gardner, Benteke, Kozak etc etc

• Like 1

Although I'd be happy with either Adebayor or Austin, I wouldn't want both. Austin is too injury prone and to have to rely on Adebayor if Austin is injured is a frightening thought.

Would be happier with one of Adebayor or Austin, plus one of Oulare, Batshuayi or Embolo.