Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-tim-sherwood-9685750

Brum mail latest on striker situation. Seems we are after Adebayor but not Austin. 

Also very interesting to read about the loans signings, good to see that Sherwood seems to share the same view as a lot of people on here 

"“Also what we can look at is we have two Premier League loans in the bag there. That is an option to us.

“There will be players at other clubs where they want their players to go out and play some games. We can be that club.

“I have been contacted by a lot of those teams over Europe and offered us some really attractive younger players because they know I am a manager who will give them an opportunity to play.

“I want to make sure first and foremost that I’m not developing players for other teams, though, if they’re not going to help us out.

“I always weigh up whether I am helping their club out more than I’m helping us out. I wouldn’t do it if I was.

“The good thing is I’m being contacted.”

• Like 1

I'm going to put my neck on the line and say that as long as Adebayor is on a reasonable wage, then I think Tim can get the best out of him.

As Trent said though, Spurs are frustrating to deal with so probably won't be completed anytime soon.

Hopefully only one of the two strikers we need though.

Im gonna throw this out there after some manly debates with my mate this evening....

Adebayor is better than Benteke...

on his day he is but problem for Adebayor is he is too unpredictable on what days he likes

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-tim-sherwood-9685750

Brum mail latest on striker situation. Seems we are after Adebayor but not Austin. 

Also very interesting to read about the loans signings, good to see that Sherwood seems to share the same view as a lot of people on here 

"“Also what we can look at is we have two Premier League loans in the bag there. That is an option to us.

“There will be players at other clubs where they want their players to go out and play some games. We can be that club.

“I have been contacted by a lot of those teams over Europe and offered us some really attractive younger players because they know I am a manager who will give them an opportunity to play.

“I want to make sure first and foremost that I’m not developing players for other teams, though, if they’re not going to help us out.

“I always weigh up whether I am helping their club out more than I’m helping us out. I wouldn’t do it if I was.

“The good thing is I’m being contacted.”

I agree, Walsall are a feeder club for Man Utd

Seems lately we are a feeder club for Citeh

• Like 1

Links to Callum Wilson again.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/592146/Aston-Villa-Bournemouth-Callum-Wilson-Christian-Benteke-replacement-Liverpool

The England under-21 international scored 20 goals to help the Cherries into the Premier League and has been on the radar of several clubs including Chelsea

Wilson, on loan at Conference side Tamworth just three years ago, only joined Bournemouth from Coventry last July for £3million.

Sherwood will have brought in around £40m when Belgium international Benteke follows Fabian Delph out of Villa Park.

Villa asked about Wilson in January but were put off by the £7m fee. Now they look set to pay it.Villa close in on £7m Wilson
Edited by Villan4Life

Links to Callum Wilson again.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/592146/Aston-Villa-Bournemouth-Callum-Wilson-Christian-Benteke-replacement-Liverpool

The England under-21 international scored 20 goals to help the Cherries into the Premier League and has been on the radar of several clubs including Chelsea

Wilson, on loan at Conference side Tamworth just three years ago, only joined Bournemouth from Coventry last July for £3million.

Sherwood will have brought in around £40m when Belgium international Benteke follows Fabian Delph out of Villa Park.

Villa asked about Wilson in January but were put off by the £7m fee. Now they look set to pay it.Villa close in on £7m Wilson

No-one's put their name to it. File under B for bullshit.

I'm pretty sure we have an interest in Adebayor but I don't think he will the primary striker target, I think he could end up being the 2nd of two. (assuming Benteke goes)

I also suspect that any move for him will come late in the window as Levy is a difficult man to deal with.

That would make sense to me and assuming he was cheap enough is probably a good deal for us as it would give us a decent backup striker who can on his day also be a big player

When he had his little revival under Sherwood he seemed to be very good with the younger players around him doing his bit to encourage and praise them ... He could turn out to be a shrewd signing ... Assuming he's no longer nutty of course

• Like 1

Adebayor would be the most disappointing signing I could realistically contemplate at this moment in time, which is saying something.

I wholly believe it's a signing we'll make though.

Austin if he can stay fit would be good, but seems a fairly lazy/easy link.

Please God no more loans, I am sick of us starting or revitalising players careers just for them to sod off back to their club or to another club. The Cleverly situation broke me.

Adebeyor would be short term, the guy is talented but also a complete loon.

Sherwood's comments make it sound like we'll sign a 'proven' option (presumably Adebayor) coupled with a loanee - Bamford or Wilson being mentioned. I can't say that prospect thrills me.

Oh I really hope not . this would be the absolute worst case scenario(Barr signing no one) for me . If we bought an up and coming player and loaned Adebayor for the season I could live with it but the other way round doesn't bare thinking about. Next summer we would be in the complete sh**house.

• Like 1