Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Unless we have some significant purchases in the next few weeks, I am convinced we will score even fewer goals than last season.

We scored a paltry 31 goals in the league last season. When, as we all expect Benteke leaves, we will have a squad that scored a COMBINED total of 12 goals. That's simply scary.

Add that to fact our midfield has been largely stripped of the limited quality we had last year (in Delph and Cleverley) and there will be even fewer chances made and no one to finish it off.

Unless there are significant ambitious signings, this squad is the worst we've ever had in the last twenty years and we will be relegation favourites.

I know things are looking bad right now, but..........I've got nothing....sorry

Edited by obanken

Can people just chill the **** out......it's football ffs.....my mate's family have just unveiled a portrait in leicester cathedral of their 20 year old son who was shot out of the sky 1 year ago today on flight MH17 over Ukraine.......perspective please!

I really am Sorry about that but this is a football section of a football forum . in football terms what is happening at Villa at the moment is awful.

• Like 2

Can people just chill the **** out......it's football ffs.....my mate's family have just unveiled a portrait in leicester cathedral of their 20 year old son who was shot out of the sky 1 year ago today on flight MH17 over Ukraine.......perspective please!

I really am Sorry about that but this is a football section of a football forum . in football terms what is happening at Villa at the moment is awful.

Worse than awful.

All i know is he's a player with no prem experience

Wing and a prayer whether he's good or not and can adjust to the pace instantly

I may be wrong but so was benteke I think unless we bought him from another premier league club. Jeez have a bit of patience. Players will come. Gil had none but nearly all and sundry wanted him in the side. Some players don't need time and we won't know until they play. If you want from the get go then let's go for Adebayor or some other overpaid old player ready made for the premier league .

Against Braga you could see attacking intent but we lacked in almost all areas of the field. Gueye and Grealish will make a difference but nowhere near enough.

Also why haven't we had the shots of Gueye in the shirt yet? If the work permit is sorted or a formality why wait, or did i miss something?

Perhaps waiting for the money to come through?

Against Braga you could see attacking intent but we lacked in almost all areas of the field. Gueye and Grealish will make a difference but nowhere near enough.

Also why haven't we had the shots of Gueye in the shirt yet? If the work permit is sorted or a formality why wait, or did i miss something?

Work permit is sorted but trip is just finished so no point sending him out

I really do hope that Randy actually does the right thing this time and gives Sherwood at LEAST the Delph and Benteke money to spend, i know a lot of us have said this for the past few years but this is definetly the season we have to get it right. Probably biggest ever season in Villa's history due to Tv money etc.

For me if we sign Amavi @ LB, CB, 2 x Strikers and Praet to replace Delph i believe we will be in a much better position than we are now.

Delph is imo quite easily replaced as there are many players out there that can do his job, Benteke is the one we must replace with immediate quality though as we will struggle big time, 12 goals from the whole squad minus Benteke last season... that is truly awful.

i also believe we should buy two different types of strikers:

We already have a target man in Kozak, Gabby can be brought on when teams are tiring or have slow defences, Robinson i dont think is ready yet so maybe another year out on loan for him.

Martial would be a masterstroke in my opinion, Quick, skillfull and still only very young so potential profit if he does well although we will have to pay a lot of money to get him.

Would anyone take a punt on Loic Remy? i think he could be just what we need. Austin i like but do not think he is worth 15 mil. Destro would be a good signing, real poacher.

Oh Yeah bring it on!!!! 

I for on cant wait for the new signings I sure that Tim had anticipated these events. We could all see how shocked the club was when Delph didn't leave last week. I think at that point Tim already was planning for life without him and without doubt he will have planed for if someone put up the funds for Benteke we all hoped he would stay but reality is he really wanted out and to be fair what can we expect with the terrible last three seasons our club has been through.

So now "we go again"lol I know it's  hard for some people to get their head around but it is possible to put a team together with 40 - 50 million and the reality is we have a opportunity to change everything and I have confidence that Tim has an eye for quality players.

http://talksport.com/football/exclusive-hes-absolute-disgrace-stan-collymore-blasts-fabian-delph-following-his-switch?

Exclusive – ‘He’s an absolute disgrace!’ Stan Collymore blasts Fabian Delph following his switch from Aston Villa to Manchester City

Former Aston Villa striker Stan Collymore has slammed Fabian Delph after the midfielder completed an £8m move to Manchester City.

The 25-year-old signed a five-year deal on Friday and will fly to Australia over the weekend to join his new team-mates for pre-season training.

Delph had rejected City's advances last weekend when he issued a statement insisting: "I'm not leaving. I'm staying at the football club and I can't wait for the start of the season and captaining this great football club."

The midfielder has since reversed that decision and Collymore was left fuming by the England international’s U-turn.

“I’m embarrassed as a Villa fan,” he told Drivetime shortly before the deal was officially confirmed.

“I’ve no problem with Manchester City, they’ve done their business as they see fit – if the release clause is £8m I don’t blame them for getting him, he’s a very good footballer.”

“But he (Delph) said twice now that he wants to stay at the club – nobody put a gun to his head.

"He said twice that he believes Villa is a great club that he wants to stay at...if he signs for Manchester City or any other club in the next few days then he's an absolute disgrace.”

Spot on. Radio interview on the link.

Come the close of the window we will look at the squad including the inevitable signings and I am sure we will have hope and will feel better.

Lerner has no choice but spend and the wage bill is down, but most of all with Fox, Sherwood and this new German fella, I am sure they will sort this out.

I reckon £70m could be spent