Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

http://www.sportitalia.com/si/Calciomercato/articolo/59088/aston-villa---sergi-darder-ad-un-passo?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Translation:

Aston Villa is one step away from closing with the purchase of the Malaga midfielder Sergi Darder . The player , followed by Inter and Roma , has already reached an agreement with the Villans , and will go to Birmingham for a figure of around 10 million euro

We get a lot of links in the Italian press and the majority turn out to be bullshit so I won't be surprised if this bull as well.

I agree, think this one came about due to the two Italian clubs mentioned. Time will tell.

Looks like Darder is plan B after Praet fell through. Looks to be a CM who can do most things, sits deep to tackle/win headers, can dribble up the pitch comfortably, can play an array of passes and is partial to the odd thunderbastard. Basically, a massive upgrade on Westwood. Makes me think that Sherwood wants a flat 3 of midfielders, who have great stamina and can do just about everything. 

• Like 4

I think Praet's a lot more of an attacking midfielder than Darder is. Watching one of Darder's showreels on youtube he reminded me of Arteta.

Yeah, looks that way - Praet can track back and hassle too as needed though. Both of them look able to play as a traditional do-it-all CM but with slightly different strengths/tendencies.

• Like 1

Polish bloke they had on loan looked brilliant that day, I thought darder played more of the Westwood role

This guy....makes Tonev look like Ronaldo...look at all the loans he's had!  :ph34r:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart%C5%82omiej_Paw%C5%82owski

He really looked so good on that day but given the number of loans he has had since then it seems he may not made the expected progress or been too consistent since. He is only 22 so time is on his side and he might still be worth keeping tabs on this coming season. 

Well that sucks if true

@maxjacobs2015: @ManOfSteel_91 @Suic1deW4tch24 the darder rumour is not true.

He's probably [guessed] right in this instance but that guy knows **** all.

Roumored Links with the less of two shitness, Adebayor or Balotelli? 

Think Adebayor would just edge it for me.

Are you looking for a spot of food poisoning or an ear infection?