Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I kind of feel sorry for Lambert as he was never given the chance to spend proper money on transfers and wages and was left trying to get players in on £10-20k a week. I'd say he feels a bit gutted now that we are starting to spend big.

I kind of feel sorry for him, but actually I'm not sure he would ever have created a successful side here, however much he spent. 

• Like 2

Aston Villa have launched a surprise bid for Kayseri Erciyesspor’s Oğulcan Çağlayan according to turkish-football.com sources.

Çağlayan is a highly rated 19-year-old striker who provided two assists and scored six goals for Kayseri Erciyesspor last season.

The 19-year-old has been capped for the U-16,U-17,U-18 and U-19 Turkish national teams.

Erciyesspor President Ziya Eren has confirmed that the club had received two offers from foreign clubs for Çağlayan.

http://www.turkish-football.com/aston-villa-launch-surprise-bid-for-turkish-youngster/

Spewing. West ham to sign Ogbonna for 8 million. He would really be great signing. Was hoping we were going after him. Great defender.

Was great at Torino but didn't perform to the same level at Juve 

Edit - so i've heard i should have said. Can't say I've seen him more than twice

West Ham are pretty strong at the back as it is...Reid, Cresswell, Tomkins, Collins, think they're close to getting Jenkinson back aswell.

They were also linked to Abdenymour of Monaco who'd be a brilliant centre half in the PL.

Went from one extreme to another, under MON it was vastly overpriced and overrated British or Prem players on huge wages, some of that persisted with Houllier and McCleish also. To a foreign and lower league bargain basement grab pack where the risk was meant to be mitigated by the numbers of players bought.

I was excited to see us taking gambles with those sorts of players as they are low risk and when the pay off it's a huge deal and to some extent a few of those signings have been ok, such as Westwood, Vlaar (when he was fit) Okore and Bacuna. But most have been not worked out or been criminally average (not counting the ones that were over the 5mil bracket like Tekkers).

We just need a balance, of making sure the foundation of the team is proven quality signings above the 3 mil bracket, which seems to be what Sherwood is looking at with Gueye and maybe Praet, Amavi oh and also Richards (in terms of wages). With other lower cost gambles like Boeilsen, Chery and Caglayan and lower league youth coming in.

Obviously even if a player costs 9 mil, it doesn't mean that can't turn out to be crap, but the risk is smaller.

• Like 1

Aston Villa have launched a surprise bid for Kayseri Erciyesspor’s Oğulcan Çağlayan according to turkish-football.com sources.

Çağlayan is a highly rated 19-year-old striker who provided two assists and scored six goals for Kayseri Erciyesspor last season.

The 19-year-old has been capped for the U-16,U-17,U-18 and U-19 Turkish national teams.

Erciyesspor President Ziya Eren has confirmed that the club had received two offers from foreign clubs for Çağlayan.

http://www.turkish-football.com/aston-villa-launch-surprise-bid-for-turkish-youngster/

Alex Richards of The Mirror is on it also:

After seeing Manchester City swoop for a young Turkish striker earlier in the day, Aston Villa may be set to do likewise.

They've been tracking the 19-year-old striker Ogulcan Cagalyan, who plies his trade with Kayserii Erciyesspor.

The 6'2 centre-forward, a Turkish under-19 international, only joined Erciyesspor in February for €400,000, arriving from Gazientepspor, and scored three goals in 11 games.

But after Erciyesspor's relegation, he could be on the move again and Villa are hoping to do a deal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-saturdays-gossip-5999392 (Scroll down to 4:20pm)

Alex Richards of The Mirror is on it also:

After seeing Manchester City swoop for a young Turkish striker earlier in the day, Aston Villa may be set to do likewise.

They've been tracking the 19-year-old striker Ogulcan Cagalyan, who plies his trade with Kayserii Erciyesspor.

The 6'2 centre-forward, a Turkish under-19 international, only joined Erciyesspor in February for €400,000, arriving from Gazientepspor, and scored three goals in 11 games.

But after Erciyesspor's relegation, he could be on the move again and Villa are hoping to do a deal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/transfer-news-live-saturdays-gossip-5999392 (Scroll down to 4:20pm)

My god Reading's shirts are awful with that sponsor.

Galatasaray got Podolski from Arsenal for 1.3m... I'd have had some of that at that price!

almost seems like a mythical player for me. His goalscoring record is impressive especially internationally but watch him in a game and he doesnt look anything special

Has a cannon of a left foot but not much else if ask me

• Like 1

@avfcNextMatch: New Link: Eirik Johansen, Norwegian Goalkeeper, 22 years old, New York City FC. #avfc

An American article posted on Twitter stating we're after this keeper from NYCFC.

He was at Man. City a few years ago wasn't he?

That sort of link....I'd keep Guzan as number one but a much younger keeper is exactly what we need to push him if we can't get anyone Begovic standard.

If we can pull off Gueye,Amavi,Praet & a striker and a couple of better than we already have then could be a decent season and not being in Europa will be a blessing in disguise

Don't we need a right midfielder/winger too? If Sherwood's not sure about Gil I can see us being in for one … 

Edited by tomh621

Gotta love The Mirror. That link has a story about Harry Kewell with a picture of him playing for Liverpool with the caption reading 'Harry Kewell during his Leeds days.' Muppets.

If we can pull off Gueye,Amavi,Praet & a striker and a couple of better than we already have then could be a decent season and not being in Europa will be a blessing in disguise

Don't we need a right midfielder/winger too? If Sherwood's not sure about Gil I can see us being in for one …

Bacuna?

Bacuna?

Sinclair play there too?