Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Cleverly gone, Benteke and Vlarr looking to leave and now perhaps Delph too, Guzan might be sold. Something doesn't feel right.

Only 2 of those have actually happened though. You're jumping the gun a bit.

Jumping what gun? I've haven't said they've all happened.

I know none of it has happened and it's all paper rumours but why is it all so bloody depressing?!

Can't keep Cleverley (despite saying we wanted to) can't keep Vlaar (despite saying we wanted to), selling Benteke (because we have to) selling Delph (because we have to). Key players from an already poor team.

And we've got rid of other players who we might have been needed considering ever shrinking squad depth. And we've brought in one free and have fairly limited rumours of other signings especially considering the calibre of players we need to be replacing. Rumours of a replacement keeper in the light of above looks even more ridiculous!

I know it's all rumour but I'd like some positive ones please! Worse still, Richardson is still a Villa player! ;)

• Like 1

Given Nursey and Lambert are BFFs, I would argue there is definitely some truth in this. I would also imagine that MOST players at clubs like ours have clauses if a Champions league club comes calling. The only surprise for me would be how low the clause seems to be.

• Like 1

Just because he has the clause doesn't mean to say he wants to leave. And I don't think these clauses are always as straight forward as they sometimes might appear.

why agree to a clause in the contract if its not your intention to leave?

Maybe it was there in case we got relegated. Why sign a contract if it's your intention not to stay?

Heskey did something similar before leaving Leicester, new contract so they could get a proper fee for him.

It's as close to loyalty as you get in the Premier League.

Just because he has the clause doesn't mean to say he wants to leave. And I don't think these clauses are always as straight forward as they sometimes might appear.

why agree to a clause in the contract if its not your intention to leave?

Maybe it was there in case we got relegated. Why sign a contract if it's your intention not to stay?
Heskey did something similar before leaving Leicester, new contract so they could get a proper fee for him.

It's as close to loyalty as you get in the Premier League.

England international and our club captain why not £15 -20 mill realy help the club " you class as your own "

thats if it was about getting a fee for us

Given Nursey and Lambert are BFFs, I would argue there is definitely some truth in this. I would also imagine that MOST players at clubs like ours have clauses if a Champions league club comes calling. The only surprise for me would be how low the clause seems to be.

At the time Delph signed that contract most on here would have jumped at the chance of getting £10m for him.

He has since had a good end to the season and now we would ideally like more for him.

Meanwhile

Reports yesterday claiming that a £10m bid for Asmir Begovic had not only been tabled by Aston Villa, but then been rejected by Stoke, were well wide of the mark.

A fee of £10m is precisely the kind of figure Stoke would seek if Begovic fails to extend his contract beyond the one year currently remaining on it.

And now Aston Villa's interest is out in the open, Stoke are waiting to see if Chelsea will follow up their widely-publicised interest with a concrete offer for the Bosnian-born goalkeeper.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Mark-Hughes-plans-crunch-talks-Steven/story-26773621-detail/story.html

I'm sure Delph would want to hang around long enough to see what the club and Sherwood do this summer, if it proves to be very little then maybe he'll go late in the window. I'm also sure Sinclair, Given and Micah will have a few words to say to him about joining City.

Right now no transfer is being driven by him or his agent as far as we are aware

Edited by VillanousOne