Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Guzan deserves another chance but I don’t agree with those who are saying he’s been badly treated. 

He’s at a football club where performances earn or lose you your place – that’s how it works in professional football, no room for sentimentality.  His performances dropped at a time where Given’s peaked in the cup competitions.  What Sherwood did was in fact the fairest thing to do.

As for Gill, my hope is that when Sherwood came in and accessed the squad, he decided that with the players available, he was going to stick to one or two formations which suited the overall group (but unfortunately not Carles).  With the summer to recruit his own players and readddress the ‘lack of balance’ he cited in his interviews, it may be goes with a different formation next season, one which does suit and accommodate Gill…

Would a 4-2-3-1 make a difference?  Would 2 holding mids allow the freedom to have 3 no.10 type players ala Chelsea?  

• Like 2

can we just sign someone with a glorious beard already preferably from sweden jeez.....

jimmy.jpg

Jimmy Durmaz? currently plays for Olympiakos and Sweden

Asgeir Borkur? but he is from Iceland :)

asgeir.jpg

I don't care how good he is or what position he plays, he must be the number 1 transfer target. Sign that man now.

can we just sign someone with a glorious beard already preferably from sweden jeez.....

jimmy.jpg

Jimmy Durmaz? currently plays for Olympiakos and Sweden

Asgeir Borkur? but he is from Iceland :)asgeir.jpg

I don't care how good he is or what position he plays, he must be the number 1 transfer target. Sign that man now.

I agree! He's just what we've been looking for - the missing link!

Papis Cisse anyone?

Bare with me as I know he has some injuries but his Newcastle record is reasonably good and might be on the cheap.

Not as a Benteke replacement but a more reliable squad option than our other strikers.

Scored 11 league goals last season which surprised me given he was injured for a fair bit then got 7 match ban for gobbing Johnny Evans.

Edited by VillaChris

Papis Cisse anyone?

Bare with me as I know he has some injuries but his Newcastle record is reasonably good and might be on the cheap.

Not as a Benteke replacement but a more reliable squad option than our other strikers.

Scored 11 league goals last season which surprised me given he was injured for a fair bit then got 7 match ban for gobbing Johnny Evans.

Would stop the word removed scoring past us, if nothing else! 

To be fair he knows where the back of the net is. Injury prone though, and a mucky bleeder!