Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Vardy and Huddlestone for £20m?

Great trolling by The Mirror to be fair!

Hopefully BS , but if we spent £20m on those two after the years of penny pinching, I'll think I'll just cry.

• Like 3

If we sign Huddlestone or Vardy i want Sherwood gone

I've been one of his biggest backers on here since he took over but those two jokers for a combined fee of 20 mill would be rediculous

I wouldn't pay 5 mill for the both of them

• Like 1

I've been one of his biggest backers on here since he took over but those two jokers for a combined fee of 20 mill would be rediculous

It's just mindless speculation, go by the solid links like richards and trippier

I do think it depends on the outlay.  As you say, if it's £20m then that would be a joke.  I wouldn't be head over heels about them arriving at all, BUT if they came for good money then I could live with it.  The Huddlestone one doesn't make sense though and I hope it's just a lazy link to a player he knows well from Spurs (I haven't checked dates but I assume they were there together).

The links aren't very positive overall but they're just that - links. Lambert may be gone but there's no reason why the discretion that the clubs approached transfers with isn't still there now. IMO the press are just taking random potshots based on who they think Sherwood would want.

• Like 1

I do think it depends on the outlay.  As you say, if it's £20m then that would be a joke.  I wouldn't be head over heels about them arriving at all, BUT if they came for good money then I could live with it.  The Huddlestone one doesn't make sense though and I hope it's just a lazy link to a player he knows well from Spurs (I haven't checked dates but I assume they were there together).

I could easily imagine Huddlestone replacing Cleverley as our box to box midfielder :P

I know this is a speculation thread and therefore for discussing links, rumours, etc., but we should remember that that is all they are. Some posters are getting overly exercised about things that may never happen.

• Like 2