Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Edit: The suggestion is that we offered a loan deal, whereas Palace have offered £10M and obviously the chance to work with Pardew again. Seems like we're missing out on targets whilst the club is in limbo.

The club is not in limbo, though, they have pretty much said nothing is going to happen soon, so the management team will not be distracted by that.

Well I'm still hopeful myself, I'm sure there must be stuff going on in the background but whether it comes to anything is another thing. The interview that Randy did with the times says that he's put a deadline on any deal, so that might suggest that club is in limbo to a degree until that deadline has passed.

Taken from Cleverley thread.... 

Going

It's attention seeking, wannabe ITK time again  :(

Going

If you know something, say so, otherwise stop acting like you know something.

Bloody annoying!!

It's attention seeking, wannabe ITK time again  :(

Got a whole summer of it to look forward to. 

Going

If you know something, say so, otherwise stop acting like you know something.
Bloody annoying!!
It's embarrassing

I said what I said and I said what I could.  No more

So does this mean Vlaar is going too as I'm pretty sure Richard said the same about Vlaar.... 

Who the feck is "coming"? :D

It's actually more than likely to be not true coming from the sun. But we'll see. I thought Cabaye might have attracted interest from a club doing better than ourselves or Palace, to be honest.

a bit strange move for him though 10million for a 29 year old is not great business as his salary will be huge as well

Apparently the story originated in the sun are saying we've missed out on a deal for Yohan Cabaye as he's decided to join Crystal Palace instead. That doesn't sound right to me, but who knows.

Apparently we offered a loan - place just coughed up £10m - a worrying sign of the times !

Why does he want Cabaye - yet won't give Gil a look in ? - Doesn't make any sesnse to me ?

One is a top class proven international footballer/

The other isn't.

Apparently the story originated in the sun are saying we've missed out on a deal for Yohan Cabaye as he's decided to join Crystal Palace instead. That doesn't sound right to me, but who knows.

Apparently we offered a loan - place just coughed up £10m - a worrying sign of the times !

Why does he want Cabaye - yet won't give Gil a look in ? - Doesn't make any sesnse to me ?

One is a top class proven international footballer/

The other isn't.

Yeah, but Cabaye's not bad either.  :D

• Like 2

Anyone think we need to throw in options on contracts, for example say last year we offered Cole, Senderos & Richardson one year deals with the option of a 2nd, we'd be in a much better place now in terms of wage structure.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/english/aston-villa-keen-on-swoop-for-andy-robertson-1-3792204 

Andy Robertson linked. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE.

Him and Trippier as full backs would be as close to perfect as we could get. Both competent going forward and defending, whilst both being young with room for improvement. 

Robertson is viewed as a defensive liability by Hull fans.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/english/aston-villa-keen-on-swoop-for-andy-robertson-1-3792204 

Him and Trippier as full backs would be as close to perfect as we could get. Both competent going forward and defending, whilst both being young with room for improvement. 

He'll fit in well here then.

• Like 1

Yeah I remember seeing Robertson costing Hull goals with terrible positioning but I do like the look of him going forward, puts in a great ball. Not too fussed either way about him, would rather a better all round left back. If the sun are to be believed we have missed out on cabaye and fuchs to palace and Leicester, not looking good if there is any truth to that. I'm expecting the same this window as the past 6 windows, scraping the bottom of the barrel.....

yet the same fans were disappointed they released Paul McShane 

yet the same fans were disappointed they released Paul McShane 

Yes they were - I take it you haven't seen much of Hull this season.

Would anyone be willing to give Itumeleng Khune a chance in the prem? Out of contract. Wage demands wouldn't be outrageous, he's always looked a capable keeper for SFA and only 28

EDIT: Only 27, has officially left Chiefs after they made 1 incomplete offer in 18 months. His agent has come out and said that his contract was never about money. I think he'd be a brilliant addition to the squad. Sign him up Tim!!

Edited by skarroki

I don't think we will do enough (signings) and will end up in another relegation battle. Need the takeover to be completed and soon.

The noises from the club indicate to me that no takeover is imminent.

the noise of a donkey slowly dying

Must be B®aying for blood!  :P