Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Got a good feeling about our incoming transfers

Have you heard something? Or just a feeling?

I haven't heard anything but I think to take on the job he must have agreed some decent finances to take the club forward. The cheap & cheerful route has had on on the brink of relegation 4 years in a row. 4-5 quality players will transform our team

• Like 1

Edit: The suggestion is that we offered a loan deal, whereas Palace have offered £10M and obviously the chance to work with Pardew again. Seems like we're missing out on targets whilst the club is in limbo.

Apparently the story originated in the sun are saying we've missed out on a deal for Yohan Cabaye as he's decided to join Crystal Palace instead. That doesn't sound right to me, but who knows.

I'm really hoping the story about Cabaye rejecting us is true, because if we're bidding £10m for a player who is probably on atleast £100k a week at PSG we must have something in the coffers! 

Apparently the story originated in the sun are saying we've missed out on a deal for Yohan Cabaye as he's decided to join Crystal Palace instead. That doesn't sound right to me, but who knows.

Apparently we offered a loan - place just coughed up £10m - a worrying sign of the times !

Why does he want Cabaye - yet won't give Gil a look in ? - Doesn't make any sesnse to me ?

Apparently we offered a loan - place just coughed up £10m - a worrying sign of the times !

Why does he want Cabaye - yet won't give Gil a look in ? - Doesn't make any sesnse to me ?

Completely different players. Cabaye would be more of an upgrade in Westwoods position.

Where did you hear we offered a loan?

I haven't heard anything but I think to take on the job he must have agreed some decent finances to take the club forward. The cheap & cheerful route has had on on the brink of relegation 4 years in a row. 4-5 quality players will transform our team

I disagree - I think he looked at a reasonable squad of players - performing poorly , and thought I can get more out of these.

Now TS has changed his tune - and is saying we need a total rebuild [to cover his ass Imo]

Anyone remember Graham Turner bravley declaring 'The mortimer and Bremner era is over'  - then stuggled to sign anyone of note - It really reminds me of this....

Read that he wants to link up with Pardew. Plus it's Landan innit.

Seems just like another in a long line of bad news stories for the club over the last four weeks or so. Would have been a good signing and unless I'm missing something £10M is quite a bargain.

Farrrk I wonder if the tea lady is on the way out....how are we going to replace her???

It's fun being a Villan under Lerner, my guess is Sherwood has just found out how much he has to spend and has decided to go on that family holiday.

I disagree - I think he looked at a reasonable squad of players - performing poorly , and thought I can get more out of these.

Now TS has changed his tune - and is saying we need a total rebuild [to cover his ass Imo]

Anyone remember Graham Turner bravley declaring 'The mortimer and Bremner era is over'  - then stuggled to sign anyone of note - It really reminds me of this....

Unsure on this. Sherwood (supposedly) rejected both the QPR job and West Brom job before taking over Villa. It was reported he didn't take the QPR job because he couldn't get the assurances he was after 'for the future', so surely he wouldn't have taken this job without money for transfers being offered?

I don't think we will do enough (signings) and will end up in another relegation battle. Need the takeover to be completed and soon.

The noises from the club indicate to me that no takeover is imminent.

It's actually more than likely to be not true coming from the sun. But we'll see. I thought Cabaye might have attracted interest from a club doing better than ourselves or Palace, to be honest.

• Like 2

Edit: The suggestion is that we offered a loan deal, whereas Palace have offered £10M and obviously the chance to work with Pardew again. Seems like we're missing out on targets whilst the club is in limbo.

The club is not in limbo, though, they have pretty much said nothing is going to happen soon, so the management team will not be distracted by that.

I hope we are in for Cabaye he'd be a great signing. Has any player said they'd like to play for Pardew? He's record at NUFC was crap in the year running up to his departure but was overlooked because he got Palace playing well just as Pullis did the year before! Didn't Cabaye go on strike under Pardew?

Tom Fox and Sherwood know we need to improve the squad as to not have a relegation battle again so I'm sure they'll be doing business as normal to insure this. With the new TV money coming next year there's no reason we can't speculate on it. Transfer fees are spread out over contracts so we can easily spend £30m+ this year but it'll only show on the books as a fraction of that and seeing as we will be freeing up a lot of wages it'll all fit in nicely.

here we go again, the sun says we were after player x but he's decided to go to club x instead, must be true and must mean we are shit, nothing to do with agents and shit journalists at all  :rolleyes:

rinse and repeat

until tim sherwood says "we were after cabaye and he went somewhere else" or until cabaye is on the pitch in the shirt i dont believe a word of it

• Like 2

I don't think we will do enough (signings) and will end up in another relegation battle. Need the takeover to be completed and soon.

The noises from the club indicate to me that no takeover is imminent.

the noise of a donkey slowly dying