Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Did i miss something? When was it confirmed Vlaar is leaving?

It hasn't been but if there's no news by the 5th June it's a well known fact we can't sign or keep anyone of note and are destined to have a dreadful transfer window...

• Like 1

the summer is looking good so far then...

- cleverley decides to leave after all

- benteke, weimann and vlaar are definite to leave

- our only transfer rumours are yet more lower league kids few people have only heard of

look at the last time we bought loads of inexperienced unknown kids from the lower leagues, it almost got us relegated, however, i do understand that attracting decent players at the moment isn't possible.

reminds me of something, oh yeah Southampton summer 2014 ;)

- our only transfer rumours are yet more lower league kids few people have only heard of

look at the last time we bought loads of inexperienced unknown kids from the lower leagues, it almost got us relegated, however, i do understand that attracting decent players at the moment isn't possible.

Apart from the fact that Southampton had about £100m to rebuild their squad with. We'll have less than half of that. 

even the relegated fodder is all being talked up as going to the bigger clubs or for stupid money, old potato head is saying that Robertson is worth 30 mil!

I don't think Sherwood can bring young in upcoming British talent to this club cheaply, those two players from Swindon are exactly the level we should be competing at so suprised he passed them up. Scouring lower leagues for players that failed at bigger teams is all we can hope for.

Or it'll be more cheap risky foreign players.

Sifting for gold in a neverending vat of horse crap.

Apart from the fact that Southampton had about £100m to rebuild their squad with. We'll have less than half of that. 

true but people had them favourites for relegation when got rid of Lallana, Lambert, Shaw etc. All they had left was Schneiderlein, Fonte and Clyne. Arguably we have a better base if do lose Vlaar, Benteke and Cleverley

I get the feeling that all the money we earned this year will become available plus money from benteke if he leaves. I am pretty sure a while back Lerner said villa needed to be a financially self sustaining club or somthing along those lines meaning he wasn't gonna keep ploughing his own money in but rather run on what the club can generate. So 'in theory' all that extra money we have earned this year should be available because it is what the club has generated and not him so he wont have to dip into his own pockets.

Trying to be a tad optimistic.

I reckon unless we get taken over, this 'big summer', that's being spoken of will be non existent. We'll probably sign three or four players.

Edited by useless

Wow, so Hull want £30m for Robertson? :lol:

What is the world coming too....

I can only think of a handleful of fullbacks in the history of football that would ever have been worth £30m in today's market. And Robertson is no Maldini.

• Like 1

I've just been on a couple of Hull forums to see what they think of their £30m rated player leaving this summer and I can't even find a thread on him.

He couldn't have been that good...

Admittedly, I paid no attention to him at all last season. 

Bruce is just doing the same as our Sherwood is doing, bigging up the players to raise their prices. Surely they would sell him for less than half of that. 

Alan Pardew also said Bolasie was worth £40 million. Pretty sure he would sell for nearly a quarter of that price.

Imagine spending £40 million on Bolasie and £30 million on Robertson. Crazy :D 

Wow, so Hull want £30m for Robertson? :lol:

What is the world coming too....

I can only think of a handleful of fullbacks in the history of football that would ever have been worth £30m in today's market. And Robertson is no Maldini.

Isnt Luke Shaw the most expensive full back in history so can see how they came up with that price :P

Bruce is just doing the same as our Sherwood is doing, bigging up the players to raise their prices. Surely they would sell him for less than half of that. 

Alan Pardew also said Bolasie was worth £40 million. Pretty sure he would sell for nearly a quarter of that price.

Imagine spending £40 million on Bolasie and £30 million on Robertson. Crazy :D

Sounds like a Liverpool transfer window.....

• Like 1

Tim Sherwood is facing the prospect of losing Ron Vlaar after it emerged the defender is weighing up his future at Aston Villa.

Vlaar has been offered a new contract by Sherwood as Villa attempt to prevent the Holland international from leaving this summer as a free agent.

But sources close to Vlaar have revealed the 30-year-old has serious interest from other clubs across Europe and is prepared to wait as he considers his next move.

Villa have endured frustration in their attempts to persuade Tom Cleverley to sign a permanent deal, with the midfielder undergoing a medical at Everton on Friday.

And the club are bracing themselves for a battle to retain Christian Benteke, whose agent has already insisted the Belgium international wants to pursue his ambition of playing in European competition next season.

Losing Vlaar, the club’s former captain, would be another severe blow to Sherwood’s summer plans and the Villa manager is facing an anxious few weeks as he awaits a decision.

A £3.2million signing from Feyenoord in 2012, Vlaar is settled at Villa and it has not been ruled out that he could sign a new deal at the Midlands club.

After the FA Cup semi-final win over Liverpool in April he had admitted that Sherwood’s arrival had forced a rethink on his next career move.

Aston Villa's 2014-15 report card

But he is aware of offers from other clubs and could decide to end his spell with Villa after three years battling relegation. With his contract running out this month, he has been able to talk to other clubs since January.

Manchester United, Arsenal, Southampton and Napoli have all been linked with Vlaar over the past 12 months.

Villa’s hopes of signing Cleverley are over, with Everton poised to confirm his arrival at Goodison Park in the next 24 hours.

Cleverley is understood to have agreed a five-year contract to rejoin Roberto Martinez, who managed him during a successful loan spell at Wigan Athletic, after his deal at Manchester United expired.

Villa are also expected to sell Andreas Weimann next week, with the Austrian international close to agreeing a £2million move to Derby County.

Matthew Lowton could also be leaving Villa with Derby, Norwich and Middlesbrough interested in signing the right-back.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11654906/Aston-Villa-face-Ron-Vlaar-following-Tom-Cleverley-out-exit-door.html