Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

im quite worried for our future if we lose tekkers, he has carried us so many times and i suspect we are not going to be able to attract someone of the same quality, so who ever comes here as a replacement better not flop. if they do we are in the shit, not like we have any other real goal threats in the team.

I would be more angry if we sold him for less than £32.5m. We must not be bullied by the media, and so called "bigger clubs" into selling him on the cheap.

I think we are normally quite good at getting good prices for outgoing players so we will see.

Hopefully we can bring in £50m worth of players to compensate. We certainly need it.

I really dislike Benteke's gent, he's just such a money grabbing git. Any opportunity he gets to dick the club over he seems to relish it.  

I doubt Benteke's attitude is much different to his agent's. 

OR not...

Striker Christian Benteke is set for showdown talks over his Aston Villa future and wants to play for a club in Europe, his agent has told Sky Sports News HQ.

More follows...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9871981/christian-benteke-wants-to-play-for-a-club-in-europe-says-agent

He could have been if he hadn't completely bottled it on Saturday.

Just like Sterling's ' I want to win things.'

Where the **** where you in the semi final then?

• Like 2

I would be more angry if we sold him for less than £32.5m. We must not be bullied by the media, and so called "bigger clubs" into selling him on the cheap.

I think we are normally quite good at getting good prices for outgoing players so we will see.

Hopefully we can bring in £50m worth of players to compensate. We certainly need it.

Considering Tim has constantly said its about the big man theres no way he will go for less than the buy out clause

his agent cant afford to mess about too much considering the euro next year.and having missed the world cup with injury benteke will want it sorted quick to either concentrate on villa or whoever hes signed for ( if he leaves )

Sherwood wants him to stay and previously said need to be a huge offer..so we are looking at atleast 32.5 mill ( if thats the buy out )

I think he knows Liverpool want him, so he has that option but if a Champs league club comes in i'm sure he'd take that move in a heartbeat.

For all the guff and bluster there has only ever been Spurs that have bid for him and even they pulled out, so his agent will opt for anything he can get that's an improvement over Villa which is anyone who isn't Villa.

• Like 1

Just for balance, Benteke's interview on the official site reads like he intends to be here next season.

I am not saying that will be the case, as it is all conjecture.

For what it is worth, in my opinion, I do not think anyone will come up with the money for his buy out clause, and he will go nowhere unless that happens.

I really dislike Benteke's gent, he's just such a money grabbing git. Any opportunity he gets to dick the club over he seems to relish it.  

It is literally the guy's job. 

I mean, I guess I hate them too, but they're a fact of life. Might as well hate clouds. 

It is literally the guy's job.

I mean, I guess I hate them too, but they're a fact of life. Might as well hate clouds.

The guy from Final Fantasy? He was a ****!

Evil agents klaxon!

Seriously though, playing the deflector is part of their role nowadays. He is saying publicly only what Benteke cannot say.