Pre-Match Thread

roonst83

Given, Lowton, Vlaar, Okore, Clark, Sanchez, Bacuna, Delph, Gil, Agbonlahor and Benteke, 4-3-1-2.

Why Given?

Given the injures, I like your team otherwise.

Think Guzan has looked out of sorts in the last few games, few of the goals could/should have been avoided.

Given, Lowton, Vlaar, Okore, Clark, Sanchez, Bacuna, Delph, Gil, Agbonlahor and Benteke, 4-3-1-2.

Why Given?

Given the injures, I like your team otherwise.

Think Guzan has looked out of sorts in the last few games, few of the goals could/should have been avoided.

I agree a couple could've been saved, but I'm not sure it warrants a change in goal. Yet.

Sherwood will have a difficult time deciding on the formation. His favoured formation is too dependent on Sanchez, who is just an accident waiting to happen at the moment. Gil in place of Sinclair is fine with me, although I think he'll go for Zog or Andi.

I bet it's what he picks. 

EDIT: I shouldn't be so confident about it. Obviously he might do something else. But I think my lineup is more likely than yours. If he really wanted to play a 4-3-3 without Gil (I'm assuming any formation is without Gil) he could bring Baker in as LB, move Lowton to RB and then Bacuna to midfield. 

I agree that yours is more likely, I'm just not convinced it's the way to go. 

Guzan

bacuna okore clark lowton

westwood delph

nzogbia Gil Gabby

Benteke

Westwood is out. Cleverley in major doubt.

I would play.

-------------Guzan--------------

Lowton--Vlaar--Okore--Clark

------------Sanchez------------

--Delph-------------Baucna---

---------Gil------Nzogbia-------

-----------Benteke--------------

Edited by KSV

Drove past the stadium on my way to work this morning. Felt the nerves starting to surface then so who knows how bad it will feel tonight. Going for a villa win but need an early goal.

Surprised (given how long both clubs have been languishing at the bottom echelons of the league) that as soon as it was moved to a midweek slot, that Sky didn't decide to show it... This is exactly the sort of game that Alan Parry or Rob Hawthorn would get all melodramatic about jostling their foreskins back and forth in some kind of frothy eulogy... Big club on the verge of relegation... little QPR doing it against all the odds etc...

This match is ripe for another late winner - sadly, we've already used ours up for this season.

3 points please Villa, and bucket full of goals. Raaaaaaah!

As many has said, yet another must win game. We have had plenty of opportunities to pick up points but weve cocked them up. if the players want to remain in the premier league they better start pulling them selves together. its going to be a nervy game.

Im mostly worried about our midfield, its not looking great is it?

Surprised (given how long both clubs have been languishing at the bottom echelons of the league) that as soon as it was moved to a midweek slot, that Sky didn't decide to show it... This is exactly the sort of game that Alan Parry or Rob Hawthorn would get all melodramatic about jostling their foreskins back and forth in some kind of frothy eulogy... Big club on the verge of relegation... little QPR doing it against all the odds etc...

This match is ripe for another late winner - sadly, we've already used ours up for this season.

3 points please Villa, and bucket full of goals. Raaaaaaah!

And given it was due to be on Sky originally, very odd.