Pre-Match Thread

roonst83

Guzan

Lowton Vlaar Okore Clark

Cleverley Delph Sanchez

CNZ

Gabby Benteke

If Cleverley fails the fitness test, guess Bacuna will have to come in.

Kick in the teeth to be missing Cissokho/Richardson, Hutton, Westwood, Sinclair and have Cleverley doubtful.

Nervous again, nothing has changed lol

Win and we'll all be lifted for a couple of weeks or at least until the next defeat. Lose and this site will be a very dark place to visit.

I'd like to think it's going to be a Villa win but after that soulless performance the weekend I'm not sure.

Vargas being out for the season is a huge blow for them.

Yup

Yun out for tonights game is also good news

That means they'll be playing Clint Hill at left back. N'Zogbia, Bacuna and Gabby should rip him a new one. Edited by Arj Guy

3-0 QPR.

QPR to play 5 in midfield against our 4, resulting in us being overrun and unable to create much.

Unfortunately I can't make it tonight. To be honest, i'm glad. 

If we play 4 in midfield and they play 5, and the result plays out the way I expect it too, then I will have given up on Sherwood already. However, if we get a result against their 5 then I'll give him immense credit. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

playing 4 against QPR 5 shouldnt be thaaat much of a problem for us and having two at front  to exploit qpr slow defenders should work. (although this depends how deep they sit, which i imagine will be very deep..but that will just invite pressure on them). They arnt the most gifted in midfield. I think we will set out exactly the same with exact same tactics as we did against sunderland.

Tbf..i dont even know who plays in QPR midfield so im kind of guessing here

Edited by gharperr

playing 4 against QPR 5 shouldnt be thaaat much of a problem for us and having two at front  to exploit qpr slow defenders should work. (although this depends how deep they sit, which i imagine will be very deep..but that will just invite pressure on them). They arnt the most gifted in midfield. I think we will set out exactly the same with exact same tactics as we did against sunderland

If Cleverley is fit then it will take the pressure off a little bit.  

Sanchez and Delph in a midfield 2 just doesn't do it for me.  They need to play as a 3, specially when the opposition is playing as a 3. 

If QPR line up 4-4-2 too, then I fancy us to win.  But I very much suspect that they wont. 

A shame Dunne ain't playing, he always has a few big mistakes or own goals in him.

If we are to play 4-4-2 with both Gabby and Andi (as sadly is probabel) i kinda hope we put Gabby on the flank against Clint Hill and intruct him to take him on at every possibility, and play Andi in the middle making as much runs as possible to stretch the CB's making room for Benteke.

Obviously i'd prefer us to play more or less any tactic rather than 4-4-2...

Edited by sne

This match will be our 5-1 vs Sunderland from a few seasons ago.

6-1 old chap!

I bloody hope so though! I'd take a scrappy 1-0 though.

Didn't we already have that v Sunderland this season?

Funny thing is, it actually got Poyet booted, so a 1-0 would have been better :(

playing 4 against QPR 5 shouldnt be thaaat much of a problem for us and having two at front  to exploit qpr slow defenders should work. (although this depends how deep they sit, which i imagine will be very deep..but that will just invite pressure on them). They arnt the most gifted in midfield. I think we will set out exactly the same with exact same tactics as we did against sunderland.

Tbf..i dont even know who plays in QPR midfield so im kind of guessing here

They finished with Phillips, Barton, Sandro and Krancjar at Albion. I'm pretty confident that, contra PieFace, they'll set up 4-4-2 today. They won't want to drop Phillips, and he's a conventional winger. Hopefully Barton will self-destruct and get himself sent off, he always has that potential, today would be a good time to do it. 

Clark must dominate Zamora in the air for us to have a chance.

Vlaar is a great player but just cannot deal with big targetmen, time to step up Ciaran.

Very nervous.

For once, I wouldn't take a draw in a game... we need a win here.

I'm glad they got the win on Saturday, they had to win sometime and I don't see it being the start of a run as they are too poor. We have a great ability to let teams on poor runs get their first win against us atleast that can't happen tonight.

3-1 Villa

How I wish we could play 11 James Milners