2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

With Praet being linked I am clutching I don't care something is definitely afoot.

To be honest, if we continue to go for players of that quality and we land a few in the process, I don't actually care if we are taken over or not. I like Fox as a CEO, I'm happy with the manager, if they are a little more ambitious with regards the squad to go with that, what is there not to like?

Honestly, the way he (Lerner) ran us down these past years I'm teetering on real hate for the guy.

But you know, all could quickly be forgiven if he really hands over the reigns to someone else (not selling / granted directorship) and we start to see positive impacts, with positive and realistic investments year on year. I really don't think most of us ask a lot, and if we just got a happy medium and I felt like the ownership was actually showing some ship steadying that were yielding results we'd be happy (some of us).

If we see a positive rebuild, and real progress through some good investments then "better the devil you know" would actually come into play. He has a long way to win me over personally, but I'm not gonna bare a grudge for the sake of it - only if he continues to negatively impact Villa. Signs seem to be that isn't the case, so let's hope.

I can never forgive. Want him no longer associated with the club in any way possible. The Mcliesh appointment and contempt he showed for the fans that summer was unforgivable. Those who can still support him after that really surprise me. I will celebrate the day the club is sold.

Even Doug never treated us like mugs the way Lerner did.

Be careful you don't cut your nose to spite your face mate.

You don't need to forgive, but look at it objectively (and I totally get your frustrations against Lerner, I don't like him either).  We could get a new owner, and they could be a small heath esque Chinese crook.  On the other hand, we could end up being stuck with Lerner.

If being stuck with Lerner, meant year on year improvements and investments...becoming top half finishers regularly over the next 5 years.  Without going mad (foul of FFP), but each season filled with optimism from the last and look like were making a steady build...what more could you realistically ask for in this climate?

Honestly, that would be a dream for me...just to have my villa back and enjoy going to games...banter on the coaches feeling like every game is winnable.  I don't think a money bags city type scenario is ever going to be a reality for us, and I would take second best....even under Lerner....any day.

Personally, I don't just *want* to dislike Lerner for no good reason.  And he could rebuild many bridges for me if things turned around at the way he runs the club.

• Like 1

He won't run the club anymore. He's made it clear he will have nothing to do with us from this point on.

Honestly, even better.  If he wants to be a silent owner, giving the people who know complete power and a realistic budget to see year on year improvements...win-win, even better than the who knows of a what take over.

I have no idea what is going to happen btw, I think the way things *have* been run have been holding us back and I am really frustrated by whats happened to us in the recent years.  But looking at it objectively myself, if things continue to look like they're improving - and they really do improve...I really don't care who owns us.

I think ddid has it right when he says that people maybe get too attached to the owner, I'm attached to the owner in so much that he's the one ultimately who has held us back (or his bad decisions) these past few years.  But if he is the one who helps directly/indirectly us to get back challenging for top half table finishes year on year from here on, then that's also an okay outcome in my book.

I'd like a takeover but to be honest if we spend like a competitive team and lerner has nothing to do with us then I'm happy with that. Either way is an improvement on having that clown making decisions.

A guy I work with, his brother drives the coaches for the players to away games. He's just called to say they've been told all staff (players, drivers, general staff etc) will not be working on Tuesday, players will not be training, as there is a meeting that they they are all required to attend. Staff being informed of a takeover maybe?

Edited by 7392craig

A guy I work with, his brother drives the coaches for the players to away games. He's just called to say they've been told all staff (players, drivers, general staff etc) will not be working on Tuesday, players will not be training, as there is a meeting that they they are all required to attend. Staff being informed of a takeover maybe?

New shirt unveiled on the 7th?

I thought of that, but would they make such a big fuss about it to the staff? Why would it be enough for the players to skip training?

I thought of that, but would they make such a big fuss about it to the staff? Why would it be enough for the players to skip training?

I've heard it's huge news , they have managed to insure the Macron men do not fade away or fall off on this seasons shirt.

• Like 2

I've heard it's huge news , they have managed to insure the Macron men do not fade away or fall off on this seasons shirt.

This is probably because on the shirt release they normally go somewhere like Star city or a place of that affect to do a catwalk type show.

West Brom have just confirmed that a party has been granted exclusivity.

Apparently will be done by the end of this month.

Be interesting to see if they complete their takeover first... or not.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT: Update on club ownership

Chairman Jeremy Peace today confirmed that exclusivity has been granted to one party interested in the purchase of West Bromwich Albion Holdings Ltd.

This follows discussions with several interested parties in the wake of his decision earlier this year to consider strategic options for the future development and legacy of the Club.

This process should be completed by the end of this month and in the meantime, the Club wishes to assure supporters preparations for the new season will remain unaffected.

The Chairman, Head Coach Tony Pulis, Chief Executive Mark Jenkins and Richard Garlick, the Director of Football Administration, have met to discuss and progress future transfer targets.

They remain in constant dialogue over the re-shaping of the first-team squad for the 2015/16 Barclays Premier League campaign.

https://www.facebook.com/westbromwichalbionofficial

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Why have they annouced the exclusivity when we didnt? Maybe because we havent granted exclusivity?

Or because peace is doing this takeover in the media and we're not

• Like 2

Â