2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Hugo Smyly ‏@hugosmyly 12h12 hours ago

@AVFCTransTweet @TheHolteTweets 100% Randy. Current take over bid is all but over. #failedduediligence

Hugo Smyly ‏@hugosmyly 10h10 hours ago

@TheHolteTweets @stevenwheldon93 it's a consortium from Hong Kong working with barings private equity Asia and has failed due dil

Hmmm.....not sure I would put too much credence on a twitter rumour. He's got it arse about face which is surprising for someone who allegedly works in crowd funding.

Any bidder will be asked to provide proof of funds, basically to prove they are serious and not a time waster. Some sort of assurance be sought at the outset before they were granted exclusivity.

Of course it could the bidders are borrowing a load of money to finance the deal and have been turned down but that does not sound like someone Lerner would sell to nor someone that Merrill Lynch would take seriously.

• Like 1

This is his proof.

CHp3aoLWUAEUUKH.jpg

Doesn't seem to prove much to me.

I'm with you, this proves nothing at all. If it is genuine and lets face it anyone can type information into a screen and take a photo. If you look at Baring Private Equity Asia website it does not look like a typical investment for them. I have pasted in a link below if anyone is interested.

http://www.bpeasia.com/?page_id=6

If it is genuine how does this prove the deal is dead? If it is genuine and its Rodzoch Tomasz's PC he is in serious trouble. A confidentiality agreement will almost certainly been breached

I seen suggestions that the announcement that the VMF restaurant will be closed is an indicator that Lerner is sure of a sale - because he apparently subsidised it and it meant a lot to him. I don't know much about the resturant so I can't say if that reasoning stands. Thought I'd mention it.

• Like 1

@AVFCTransTweet @TheHolteTweets 100% Randy. Current take over bid is all but over. #failedduediligence

@TheHolteTweets @stevenwheldon93 it's a consortium from Hong Kong working with barings private equity Asia and has failed due dil

Hmmm.....not sure I would put too much credence on a twitter rumour. He's got it arse about face which is surprising for someone who allegedly works in crowd funding.

Any bidder will be asked to provide proof of funds, basically to prove they are serious and not a time waster. Some sort of assurance be sought at the outset before they were granted exclusivity.

Of course it could the bidders are borrowing a load of money to finance the deal and have been turned down but that does not sound like someone Lerner would sell to nor someone that Merrill Lynch would take seriously.

Yes, I think a lot of what he had to day got debunked, well hopefully anway.

The guy on Twitter worked for a crowd funded who were attempting to help raise investment for this mob. I've seen somebody else find information elsewhere that suggests his firms portfolio of loans stands at... £4 million.

Seems like they were a chump outfit and given the crowd funders involvement would have never had the bona fides to have got through the door, let alone enter an exclusivity period.

Seems the guy on Twitter was being economical with the truth and also taking a bizarre risk by leaking this sort of stuff on the web.

Yes, I think a lot of what he had to day got debunked, well hopefully anway.

You're right, almost certainly the usual Twitter bollox.. I read this during the day but I couldn't post my thoughts until this evening. 

Re- Significant Investment...

Maybe media rubbish - but all the late season talk of a possible takeover for us seemed to play heavily on the 'Only If Villa Stay Up' variable... Now we've stayed up, then they need to take us over and let the jism-pounds fly... If nothing else, to make sure that we don't get relegated in the first season of the new owners...

Of course - we might not even get taken over, and we will all have been teased once more for another whole summer of blue ball frustration...

If you look at his linked in profile, he is an M&A lawyer... I doubt he would the person taking the screenshot, maybe just the lead legal contact for the deal.

This is his proof.

CHp3aoLWUAEUUKH.jpg

Doesn't seem to prove much to me.

I'm with you, this proves nothing at all. If it is genuine and lets face it anyone can type information into a screen and take a photo. If you look at Baring Private Equity Asia website it does not look like a typical investment for them. I have pasted in a link below if anyone is interested.

http://www.bpeasia.com/?page_id=6

If it is genuine how does this prove the deal is dead? If it is genuine and its Rodzoch Tomasz's PC he is in serious trouble. A confidentiality agreement will almost certainly been breached

I seen suggestions that the announcement that the VMF restaurant will be closed is an indicator that Lerner is sure of a sale - because he apparently subsidised it and it meant a lot to him. I don't know much about the resturant so I can't say if that reasoning stands. Thought I'd mention it.

VMF is closing??

NNnnoooooo!!!!!

I love VMF, there is nowhere else where you get food of that quality for that sort of price. Dammit!

• Like 2

You could have Bill Gates take over us but if all he wants to do is spend what the club generates itself then having all his billions in his bank account is irrelevant to us. 

If Bill Gates took over....I would crawl 50 miles over broken glass just to stick pins in his poo

I don't know how to process that......

Preferably not visually. 

Well it looks like nothing is happening, or if it is, it's going to be someone who doesn't have the funds needed to make a difference.

I really do not understand how. Please explain.

• Like 1

Didn't know whether to guffaw or laugh hysterically (chose both).  File this under B for bin or W for wind up merchant.

The Buyer fails Due Diligence after being granted exclusivity!  The laughs just keep on coming. 

I reckon some of these guys think that all Villa fans haven't got a clue what an acquisition involves and don't know what its like to work in the "big smoke" on sizeable deals and that we all just sit around in rocking chairs wearing dungarees and chewing tobaccie!

I'm off to go shag my sister.

Still laughing!

• Like 1

VMF is closing??

NNnnoooooo!!!!!

I love VMF, there is nowhere else where you get food of that quality for that sort of price. Dammit!

Apparently it was effectively a community project to help under privileged kids find work in hospitality and was always going to end after five years. I suppose Randy would have lengthened the project if he hadn't been wanting to sell.

Well it looks like nothing is happening, or if it is, it's going to be someone who doesn't have the funds needed to make a difference.

You will need to explain this one, Useless.

First of all I was partly just trying to change the subject. (So I guess it did have it's 'desired affect')

But do we really think we'd be signing players this early, if a takeover was  in the offing, I doubt it myself. Some peole seem to think that maybe the signings/targets are being sanctioned by new owners, if that was the case then going for likes of Huddlestone would suggest they don't have financial clout to take us to the next level.

Forgive my less than perfect grasp of the English language, but what exactly does "due diligence" mean in this context? Having all the work (valuation, evaluation etc.) done, putting the paperwork on the table ready to sign?

Forgive my less than perfect grasp of the English language, but what exactly does "due diligence" mean in this context? Having all the work (valuation, evaluation etc.) done, putting the paperwork on the table ready to sign?

From what I understand, in essence it is the buyer making sure that what you SAY you are selling to them is actually what you are selling to them from a financial perspective.  And that there are no hidden surprises waiting for them when they take over.

Once everything is as you have said it is, then it should all be good.  Even if they do find something, provided it is not enormous, the asking price can be adjusted to account for it.

• Like 1

Â