2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

A) Randolph Lerner not Randy. This isn't a local pub he is selling B ) No mention of Lerner family trust which is listed on the official website under ownership. C) It's nonsense and looks like anyone can edit it which to me looks the case here D) It wouldn't be available on such an open scale to employees.

Edited by dudevillaisnice
  • Like 3

You can't fail due diligence anyway can you? Surely its just checking over the company accounts etc and ensuring what was proposed at the beginning of the bid is there now?

• Like 1

I wouldn't take to much credence from that document.

TBH though, I think the whole exclusity thing is a spin, I don't beleive we are remotely close to a sale. (IMO of course)

TBH though, I think the whole exclusity thing is a spin, I don't beleive we are remotely close to a sale. (IMO of course)

what a weird assumption, why would anyone at the club bother to spin something like that, usually they are more than happy to make us disappointed and devoid of any hope, i don't see how that would tempt other buyers out of that hotel room they've been holed up in with Dale Stevens and that other Asian player from Germany that i can't remember the name of either. 

Edited by VillanousOne

what a weird assumption, why would anyone at the club bother to spin something like that, usually they are more than happy to make us disappointed and devoid of any hope, i don't see how that would tempt other buyers out of that hotel room they've been holed up in with Dale Stevens and that other Asian player from Germany that i can't remember the name of either. 

If there is something for sale that no one else wants, you don't advertise the fact that you have 'no takers' - you want your asset to appear desirable....

If there is something for sale that no one else wants, you don't advertise the fact that you have 'no takers' - you want your asset to appear desirable....

Is that what happened with the last football club you sold?

Nobody knows anything. End of.

• Like 4

Applies to anything you sell really, you try to create the impression that it is something people want. [iMO]

A trusted ITK on here last suumer said all along that there was no buyer lined up - but Randy when annoucing the club wasn't going to be sold said something like 'Talks have been fruitful - but we have to prepare for the new season'.

Just my hunch that the current bluster will fizzle into nothing......

Applies to anything you sell really, you try to create the impression that it is something people want. [iMO]

A trusted ITK on here last suumer said all along that there was no buyer lined up - but Randy when annoucing the club wasn't going to be sold said something like 'Talks have been fruitful - but we have to prepare for the new season'.

That same trusted ITK has said we've granted potential owners exclusivity.

So you know, I don't think it's all spin. 

That same trusted ITK has said we've granted potential owners exclusivity.

So you know, I don't think it's all spin. 

Really ? - Ive not seen that

If true then thats puts things into a different perspective. (assuming we are talking about the same ITK ......who dissapeared from around Christmas ?)

Both Percy and Pat Murphy have said we're in Due Diligence, that's good enough me, hopefully we hear something soon. My fear is that we'll be sold to someone completely underwhelming like Joshua Harris.

Why would Joshua Harris be underwhelming anyway?

Well he's only got the one Bearing Sea crab fishing boat and with the best will in the world the income from the Cornelia Marie is not going to sustain a club the size and stature of Aston Villa. I'm with Useless here. 

Â