2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

So we are trusting in a bunch of wannabe's to rustle together some international money men to play Russian roulette with our club.

It would be foolish to snub a genuine attempt to pump big money in to our club....but are we realistically going to emulate an Etihad Revolution....not with a synthetic syndicate IMO.

I hope when Randy does sell its to someone with genuine substance not a clandestine group fronted by a populist ex player.

Tim and Tom are doing a good job they need to be allowed to continue with it, not be looking over their shoulder at such a crucial time for the club.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

This could have been leaked by Randy himself in order to horrify supporters sufficiently enough that his sticking around for a few more years would seem like a much better alternative.

I don't like the sound of this at all, just hope it's BS.

At some point Lerner will sell but I hope when he does he doesn't sell to people who don't have the money without putting the club into a serious amount of debt.

That said Randy if you're happy to do that I can put down $50k and just put the difference against the club, and as an add plus in my favour is I already have a Villa tattoo ;)

• Like 1

So we are trusting in a bunch of wannabe's to rustle together some international money men to play Russian roulette with our club.

Nobody is trusting anyone at the moment. We don't even know who the backers of this consortium might be.

What an odd thing to say. But then VT is an odd place when it comes to fearing the worst at all times.

Percy now seems to be saying that the Smith consortium looks to be the only bid on the table. If true hopefully the money men are actually buying the club with Smith as a front man and not just lending money to him.

• Like 1

We don't trust Percy when it comes to transfers, so why takeover bids?

Expressing an interest in buying a football club is a long, long way from actually doing anything about it. Glad he's interested, fair play for recognising or quality. Doesn't mean much more at this stage.

• Like 1

Charles Sale's column in the Mail today said that aswell as the 150m Lerner wants to sell, he also wants on top of that a guarentee that 50m will be made available for transfer in what I presume would be the first season. Not including Benteke being sold at some point either....

"Former Chelsea executive Paul Smith, sacked in 2007 after a pre-season club tour, is an unlikely leader of the consortium attempting to buy Aston Villa. And Smith will need to raise more than £150million to mount a takeover bid. 

Seller Randy Lerner, who is including his £3.5m Warwickshire country pad in the sale, wants another £50m on top to be made available for new signings. Meanwhile, such is Lerner’s detachment from Villa it’s not certain he will fly from California, where he is spending time painting, for the FA Cup fin

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3074195/FA-refuse-pass-contact-details-intermediaries-acting-player-representatives-AFA-chairman-Mel-Stein.html#ixzz3ZfV2rJvF 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Very much agree.

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't etc...

... now where have I heard that used in defense of mediocrity before.... ?
Agreed. The fear of the unknown should not put us off.

You don't think there's a reason to be cautious about our next takeover?

Do you think anyone other than lerner would do?

I find it astonishing that anyone can have that view

I think its normal to be fairly cautious but I'd have to hear some horrendous things to really put me off.

I think there's a slim chance the next guy makes me see 5 consecutive years as bad as the last ones. I'm far more excited to move on from Lerner than scared it might be worse.

Lambert is a great example of why I'm excited for change.

I really really hope Lerner isn't as desperate to get rid of the club as you are.

I'd say there's a high chance we'll be in a much worse situation if that's the case.

I think you grossly underestimate how bad things can be with the wrong owner in charge. The fact that you think it can't get worse than the last 5 years is hilarious. Don't get me wrong, they've not been fun. But do you really think scraping premier league survival is as bad as it gets?

Open your eyes mate.

I find your fear of life without Lerner hilarious. We had Doug and I didn't witness 5 consecutive years worse than the last ones so I'll stick with my prediction that I doubt new owners will do worse.

I think things could be a lot worse with the wrong owner. I think many bad things could happen to me in the world. It doesn't stop me leaving my house in the morning.

And if Lerner cares as much as is claimed, he won't sell us to people we couldn't trust.

Presumably Sherwood's position would be safe regardless of who comes in? Getting rid of him would be universally unpopular, probably even more so than the appointment of McLeish.

Edited by Mantis

Very much agree.

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't etc...

... now where have I heard that used in defense of mediocrity before.... ?
Agreed. The fear of the unknown should not put us off.

You don't think there's a reason to be cautious about our next takeover?

Do you think anyone other than lerner would do?

I find it astonishing that anyone can have that view

I think its normal to be fairly cautious but I'd have to hear some horrendous things to really put me off.

I think there's a slim chance the next guy makes me see 5 consecutive years as bad as the last ones. I'm far more excited to move on from Lerner than scared it might be worse.

Lambert is a great example of why I'm excited for change.

I really really hope Lerner isn't as desperate to get rid of the club as you are.

I'd say there's a high chance we'll be in a much worse situation if that's the case.

I think you grossly underestimate how bad things can be with the wrong owner in charge. The fact that you think it can't get worse than the last 5 years is hilarious. Don't get me wrong, they've not been fun. But do you really think scraping premier league survival is as bad as it gets?

Open your eyes mate.

I find your fear of life without Lerner hilarious. We had Doug and I didn't witness 5 consecutive years worse than the last ones so I'll stick with my prediction that I doubt new owners will do worse.

I think things could be a lot worse with the wrong owner. I think many bad things could happen to me in the world. It doesn't stop me leaving my house in the morning.

And if Lerner cares as much as is claimed, he won't sell us to people we couldn't trust.

But we had relegations (more than 1 with him) and dismantling of the league and European champions granted we had a few cup wins but tell you what - we win the FA cup and Lerner trumps Ellis without doubt and will go down as the chairman in charge to win the one elusive trophy. Oh and he held us fans in contempt and called us the man on the terrace. He was a bluenose to boot too (on the board of the scum) But at least to his credit he didn't have a tattoo on his ankle!
  • Like 1

Â