Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Let us not beat around the bush, he was abysmal and didn't even look like a footbaler half the time..but he should never have been chucked into a game with such season defining consequences at 1-0 down.

I don't think he was abysmal, he looked as lost and confused by our "shape" after half time as anybody else. Shit game to come on in as you say, only on the second half display anyone watching Grealish for the first tiem would say the same thing. We know he's not abysmal though, he looked awful because as a team we looked a shambles.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2018 at 21:14, AVTuco said:

I respect that you've seen him much much more than me, but I can't see the fuss. What is he so good at? 

I've never understood why he's highly rated here. Is someone here his agent?

Every time I see him he's pants.

48 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I thought he looked quite bright when he came on, few loose touches but that's to be expected of a 19 year old

He didn't. Looks a lot inferior to the likes of the Moore brothers and Delfouneso. They looked a lot better early doors. Hopefully there's more to come from him. Sad reality is that when you're chasing promotion you expect him to come on and deliver and he certainly didn't do that. Not ready.

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

I don't think he was abysmal, he looked as lost and confused by our "shape" after half time as anybody else. Shit game to come on in as you say, only on the second half display anyone watching Grealish for the first tiem would say the same thing. We know he's not abysmal though, he looked awful because as a team we looked a shambles.

We ended with 4 strikers on the pitch they all looked crap because they had no supply line ..we could of played another 90 mins and not scored with those tactics 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Nabby said:

We ended with 4 strikers on the pitch they all looked crap because they had no supply line ..we could of played another 90 mins and not scored with those tactics 

Except for those two very good chances we had in the last 10mins with four strikers on the pitch. Ordinarily id agree that the whole four strikers thing is just dumb ass thinking. However today I kind of get it, neither side could string any kind of sustained possession together especially in the last 20 mins as the weather got worse. Humping it upfield was basically all we could do, so I suppose having more players up there at least had some reason behind it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Except for those two very good chances we had in the last 10mins with four strikers on the pitch. Ordinarily id agree that the whole four strikers thing is just dumb ass thinking. However today I kind of get it, neither side could string any kind of sustained possession together especially in the last 20 mins as the weather got worse. Humping it upfield was basically all we could do, so I suppose having more players up there at least had some reason behind it. 

The best chance was grealish to Bree. So it was more a case of in spite of having four strikers on the pitch..

22 minutes ago, romavillan said:

The best chance was grealish to Bree. So it was more a case of in spite of having four strikers on the pitch..

Yep that's true and the other also pretty good chance fell to Hogan, RHM probably should have done better from a cross too. So it's all a bit if, maybe, coulda, shoulda, wouda. Point I was trying to make was that with the weather and general performance of the team im not sure either bringing Onomah, Lansbury etc on would have done much better. 

As a say I normally agree that four strikers and no supply is so so dumb. However with the weather and way we were playing I at least see the idea on this occasion. Obviously wasn't that great an idea as we still lost. 

• Like 1

I don't like to slate you g players but he was shjte. His control was awful, he was running around like a headless chicken and just looked lost there. Was a very wierd decision to bring him on instead of experienced Hogan.

Hopefully he gets better but i was not at all impressed today.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Yep that's true and the other also pretty good chance fell to Hogan, RHM probably should have done better from a cross too. So it's all a bit if, maybe, coulda, shoulda, wouda. Point I was trying to make was that with the weather and general performance of the team im not sure either bringing Onomah, Lansbury etc on would have done much better. 

As a say I normally agree that four strikers and no supply is so so dumb. However with the weather and way we were playing I at least see the idea on this occasion. Obviously wasn't that great an idea as we still lost. 

Yes the best chance went to Hogan set up Snodgrass who was then subbed ...I can see what your saying that the conditions didn't help but once we emptied midfield we struggled to get a hold of the ball so then Grealish ,who you want closer to the attackers to make things happen was running all the way back to get the ball off Terry and then trying to find a ball forward to an attacker from the halfway line.

Also ask yourself this do you think in training we practice with 4 attackers on the pitch at the same time ? There was no game plan it was literally ill throw on all my strikers and hope somehow they will figure out a way to create something no one knew what the hell they were doing I can't think of any time any of the strikers actually combined well with each other ..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villaglint said:

I suppose what you're saying is that at least there could've been a reason why Bruce decided to by-pass the midfield, and I agree with that. Only small detail was that he subbed our only two goal-threats to get there.

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

I suppose what you're saying is that at least there could've been a reason why Bruce decided to by-pass the midfield, and I agree with that. Only small detail was that he subbed our only two goal-threats to get there.

His post matches comments - the wingers couldn't dribble so nulified us and the midfield offered nothing so to remedy this his first sub was to bring on a striker ( bearing in mid the striker we had one was already getting no service ) and then have 2 strikers getting no service but also making us lighter in mf so easier to a) play through b ) harder for us to get the ball back..

On 17/03/2018 at 19:49, AVTuco said:

I've never understood why he's highly rated here. Is someone here his agent?

Every time I see him he's pants.

Because he doesn't play.

So when we're not doing well it's all "ARGH! Why is n't Bruce playing all of our really good youngsters who are all amazing?!?!"

When actually none of them are good enough except for the ones who do make the team... because they're good enough.

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because he doesn't play.

So when we're not doing well it's all "ARGH! Why is n't Bruce playing all of our really good youngsters who are all amazing?!?!"

When actually none of them are good enough except for the ones who do make the team... because they're good enough.

I've seen him play many times for the youth and reserve teams and he is brilliant, I've met him and he is very nice, funny and down to Earth. 

He is our youngest Premier League appearance maker and also the youngest player to appear for the U18s too. He's also played for England at youth level. 

I think he has a great future and I believe the club think the same, hence why they gave him a new 3 year contract 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I've seen him play many times for the youth and reserve teams and he is brilliant, I've met him and he is very nice, funny and down to Earth. 

He is our youngest Premier League appearance maker and also the youngest player to appear for the U18s too. He's also played for England at youth level. 

I think he has a great future and I believe the club think the same, hence why they gave him a new 3 year contract 

I think he has a bright future too. But I was talking about the here and now, and making a general point about our youngsters. 

People are always clamouring for Bruce to blood some youngsters. The reality is if they were ready, he'd be playing them.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he has a bright future too. But I was talking about the here and now, and making a general point about our youngsters. 

People are always clamouring for Bruce to blood some youngsters. The reality is if they were ready, he'd be playing them.

The only way to know if they are ready is by giving them an opportunity in the first team, we did it with the previous batch (Clark, Albrighton, Delfouneso) and none of them really established themselves here. They have gone on to have varying degrees of success. I think this group of Suliman, Green and Hepburn-Murphy are better

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

The only way to know if they are ready is by giving them an opportunity in the first team, we did it with the previous batch (Clark, Albrighton, Delfouneso) and none of them really established themselves here. They have gone on to have varying degrees of success. I think this group of Suliman, Green and Hepburn-Murphy are better

I think we will see next season if we are in this division how good these young players are - I expect o hare to be the stand out player .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

I think we will see next season if we are in this division how good these young players are - I expect o hare to be the stand out player .

I'm not so sure about ohare  didnt impress me at all in the cup.

Bit he needs game time thats for sure. Bizarre we didn't allow him to go on loan 

Â