Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

13 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

If you get game-time, please use some of it for scoring.

Agreed #RHMOut

I think we gave up on the Onomah false 9 experiment too soon. 

In all seriousness thought he looked promising. Hopefully between him and a loanee we can give a bit of rest to Davies and maybe between the three of them we can cobble together a striker for the rest of the season. 

He reads the game much much better than hogan, he anticipates where the ball is going and makes himself available. IMO, much more valuable than a player that is brilliant at playing on the last shoulder. 

His touch is what impressed me the most, trapped the ball with ease. He was unlucky when through on goal, no other play in the division would of made that tackle other than Adama.

One really sloppy touch when he broke down the right but looked promising. 

I'd like to see more, though I'm not sure the current set up suits him. Doesnt strike me as someone that will thrive as a lone striker. 

I only really remember him for taking one of the worst touches I've ever seen when we had a great chance to break down the right. That said, I'm all for giving him a chance based on what I've seen and heard from his performances at U23 level. He should be a good player at this level.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Stat going round that he touched the ball more times during his spell than Hogan did in his. 

Cant comment on the validity, but wouldn’t surprise me. 

According to whoscored it's true. They've made errors in the past and corrected them so we will see 

He also attempted and made more passes than hogan. Kind of ruining the service and style of play myth. 

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Stat going round that he touched the ball more times during his spell than Hogan did in his. 

Cant comment on the validity, but wouldn’t surprise me. 

Wouldn't surprise me either. Surely the Hogan bolt must be pretty well shot by now?

Bring on the fearless, hungry kids!

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

RHM and Davis are completely different players which is great 

I stated before, if both live up to the hype around them, they could be our future Big and little strikeforce.

Today was my first time seeing RHM properly, and I like what I saw.

• Like 2

Would love to see him start against Bristol City as I was pleased with what I saw today. Although I don't think Bruce will do it and he'll start Hogan. We'll only see RHM if we're somehow still at 0-0 with 20mins remaining or if we're 0-2 down with 30 mins remaining.

He'd offer an air of unpredictability about him as currently our offensive play is too easily snuffed out. RHM could link up well with Grealish and his pace could definitely cause problems.

Edited by roonst83

Good to see him back and as others have said a nice little cameo. Yeah he had that terrible touch when free down the right but after that he could easily have crumbled. He was lively, always looking to be involved and the best thing is, if he can get some games under his belt and stay fit, maybe we're not so toothless in attack without Kodjia after all.

Promising

Great cameo. Fearless and full of energy. Great control and made the right decisions. Much better than Hogan. However, by then the game was stretched as Pulis actually was trying to score a goal. I wouldn't start him I don't think just yet. Playing a full 90 rather than the last 15 of a game that is stretched is quite a different thing. I expect Davis to come back in if recovered. However, a good option for the bench and should be in the first team squad for the rest of the season.

He did really well when he came on yesterday but I wouldn't be looking to start him any time soon. It is one thing to come on after 70 mins with fresh legs up against tiring defenders and another starting a game. I think for now it is better for us and him that he get 20 mins to half an hour at the end of games.

There is no doubt the lad looks a very good prospect though lets just hope he realises that potential and staying injury free for a while would certainly help in that.

Edited by markavfc40

Â