Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I don’t think I’ve seen a younger player so injured ever play for us. He is always always injured. Considering his age he should not be this injury prone.

if he has another injury ravaged season I think it will be worth listening to offers for him.

Gary Gardner? 

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has he been as injured RHM? I highly doubt that. 

I think Gardner was worse to be honest. Gardner suffered double knee ligament damage, and loads of niggling injuries during his various recovery periods.

However, you are right and it is extremely frustrating how RHM seems to be always injured as well. I think if he doesn’t get sorted out, he will just be another youth player who drops down the leagues or out of the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looked much sharper than kodjia. Great moves, held up the ball well to wait for support and a superb pass to Conor which he should have had on target at least. Not bad for a short cameo. Hope to see much more of him this season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Nice Cameo. Kodjia was fairly awful, starts next game for me. 

I think we might be better easing him in to first team action for now. It is one thing coming on against tiring defenders, compared to starting a match. Also, bearing in mind his injury record he might need gradually building up so we don’t wreck him.

• Like 2

I would start both him and Green vs Wigan for Kodjia and Adomah (both are really lacking in form); they add much needed energy.

*But duly noted, perhaps you're right 

7 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I think we might be better easing him in to first team action for now. It is one thing coming on against tiring defenders, compared to starting a match. Also, bearing in mind his injury record he might need gradually building up so we don’t wreck him.

Edited by GENTLEMAN
  • Like 1

Maybe it's me but he looks too small to be a decent striker. However, he does look good with the ball at his feet and showed good awareness to set up Hourihane, who should have done better!

Was just thinking who he reminds me of. Do we finally have Defoe?

Edited by villarocker

Did more than kodjia to cause them problems in his short spell on the pitch, of course you have to factor in weary vs fresh legs n all that. 

He looked bigger and more imposing than the last time I saw him. 

I've got a feeling he might be a surprise package for us this season, if he can stay fit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Did more than kodjia to cause them problems in his short spell on the pitch, of course you have to factor in weary vs fresh legs n all that. 

He looked bigger and more imposing than the last time I saw him. 

I've got a feeling he might be a surprise package for us this season, if he can stay fit.

Yes he's definetly streched and filled out a bit and looks less of a 14 year old looks an intelligente player 

Â