pitch invading prats / points deduction?

Rodders

Our share of a five billion pound tv deal should cover it. Live a little my friend.

If running onto a football pitch is your definition of "living" then I'm glad I don't have your life :)
Tell that to some of the kids that went on and can't wait to tell their friends about it t school and show them photos.
If it was just kids running on there'd not be an issue
Explain to me the difference and what is the age limit of acceptability please.

Kids are kids and are highly unlikely to contain drunk thugs in their numbers. Adults are not kids, though they do act like it sometimes, and are very likely to include drunken thugs in their numbers (the kind who, allegedly, assaulted some WBA players, stole our own captain's armband and boots and bit him, and decided swinging from the crossbars was somehow a good idea).

The FA would be unlikely to fine a club for a spontaneous post-match pitch invasion by 11 year olds is another important factor, nor would home or away players feel in any way endangered.

Gloss it up however you like, you did something incredibly stupid with a lot of other people. The only real difference is that you've dropped yourself in it by saying it on the board, which Limpid will be obliged to turn over to the police along with your email/IP address.

You make it sound like Delph got mugged! Let's not ignore the smile he had on his face whilst saying it.

I must say I didn't see everything that happened from my seat in the upper holte and obviously anyone that went on to cause trouble is an idiot. It seemed fairly well natured to me though.

Pitch invasion before the end of the game completely unacceptable.

The one at the end of the game is no different to what you will see up and down the leagues when promotion and survival are decided. Daily Mail pic a few posts above is what I'd expect from them. BBC were a bit over the top as well in commentary, but Lineker gave a more balanced view I felt.

For me, it did put a slight dampener on things. The players deserved to be cheered off the pitch and to enjoy the result instead of being mobbed.

Just embarrassment that people can be so stupid

'So stupid' because any pitch invasion is necessarily about people being 'so stupid' (where does that leave all of the pitch invasions of the past?) or rather because it is deemed contrary to the regulations (or even that it's just largely de rigueur) nowadays?

If people, during a pitch invasion, are out of order then (just as in any other crowd situation) their actions should be dealt with as their actions.

This 'security' stuff (obviously regarding the security of the extortionately highly paid playing staff) is (very much) mostly guff.

Edited by snowychap

B_h8ThzWYAAYAK2.jpg

This kind of stuff is way over the top.

flavour of the month, they're desperate to label us all as drunken racist idiots who will harm women and children at any opportunity

we invaded the pitch, no doubt someone somewhere could have been killed  :rolleyes: like i said before the main issue for us is how small time it is that we invaded the pitch for making a semi final

it really was embarrassing though and made the club look very small time, was similar to Blackburn game which I thought was similar.

wont be a points deduction as FA Cup is nothing do with Premier League

Pitch invasion before end of game - completely unacceptable, all those idiots deserve to be banned. 

Pitch invasion after the end of the game - feels a bit cringeworthy, it's a quarter final after all, but I can understand it given the years of dross we've had to endure. Wouldn't be my first reaction, but I'm 37. Ten years ago, after a day on the sauce, I can see how people could get caught up. 

The security element concerns me though in terms of the players/staff.  You're not going to get all those people off the pitch, once they're on, but the priority should have been to get both sets of players off the pitch asap as soon as that final whistle went, given it was obvious what was going to happen. 

B_h8ThzWYAAYAK2.jpg

This kind of stuff is way over the top.

flavour of the month, they're desperate to label us all as drunken racist idiots who will harm women and children at any opportunity

we invaded the pitch, no doubt someone somewhere could have been killed  :rolleyes: like i said before the main issue for us is how small time it is that we invaded the pitch for making a semi final

there it was, MOTD, kevin phillips "could have killed someone"

**** off

Pitch invasion before the end of the game completely unacceptable.

The one at the end of the game is no different to what you will see up and down the leagues when promotion and survival are decided. Daily Mail pic a few posts above is what I'd expect from them. BBC were a bit over the top as well in commentary, but Lineker gave a more balanced view I felt.

For me, it did put a slight dampener on things. The players deserved to be cheered off the pitch and to enjoy the result instead of being mobbed.

Just seen the coverage. Ridiculous. We did the same thing versus Blackburn after the match in 2010  (before is a different matter) and the beeb said what amazing fans etc etc. If Bradford had beaten Reading and went on the pitch would the same coverage? I think not.

No glee in the slightest. Just embarrassment that people can be so stupid

Were the fans that were celebrated on the pitch against Tranmere in '94 also stupid? Or is it just 2015 that its stupid?

• Like 1

That wasn't really a full on pitch invasion though (for the goals)...maybe a bit OTT, but it happens almost everywhere every week, (to a lesser extent) especially with away fans. Frankly, I love seeing scenes like that, it's been nothing but month after month of abject dreariness, and Villa fans have finally pressed the release valve. And well **** deserved. In the US, all those fans would be spending the night in jail. That's why I look at scenes like that and smile.

UTV!!!

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

Sky are headlining with the 'trouble' now. Hope it's just a fine and nothing else.

What about all the away fans who invade our pitch every other week when they score? Happens all the time in that particular area. 

Some of the WBA players have been milking it. If you were so afraid why not run off the pitch instead of walking? 

if it'd been either one of the top 6 teams (Manure, shitty, le arse, tottingham, liverpodge etc) or lower league club it'd be hailed as "The Magic of FA Cup".

manu fans 3 times in the 3-2 game...

iirc there was even a warning given out after the invasion after their 2nd goal and then they still invaded the pitch after their 3rd and at full time and absolutely **** all was done

• Like 1

Â