pitch invading prats / points deduction?

Rodders

Feels like you feel bad about that Limpid. Don't. They had no business on the pitch.

You don't know that. Some of them might have been pitch inspectors. Don't tarnish everyone with the same brush.
  • Like 2

I'm gonna sound like a real snob now but some of the people from Birmingham (and some of our fans) really are thick as shit. The way they talk, the mentality, the things they say. I'm sorry if I offend anybody but there really are some scummy people that follow the beautiful game.

Seeing on social media that three albion players apparently assaulted on the pitch afterwards. Anyone heard anything?  I saw Lescott surrounded by Villa fans at the end who were right in his face and clearly giving him abuse.

If that's proven to be true, we're fcuked
If any players were assaulted I could see us being kicked out

I was right by the tunnel,an apart from a bit of foul mouthed banter the Albion players got ignored and all went off ok as far as I could see.

• Like 1

VLV, that does sound snobby. Mainly because it's not just people from Birmingham, it's football fans from everywhere. Every club has idiots, people who think they could do the manager's job ten times better.

• Like 2

I'm gonna sound like a real snob now but some of the people from Birmingham (and some of our fans) really are thick as shit. The way they talk, the mentality, the things they say. I'm sorry if I offend anybody but there really are some scummy people that follow the beautiful game.

'from Birmingham' wasn't required, they're everywhere mate

Yeh true. I can only really relate to Birmingham though.

VLV, that does sound snobby. Mainly because it's not just people from Birmingham, it's football fans from everywhere. Every club has idiots, people who think they could do the manager's job ten times better.

Yeh I apologise for singling out Birmingham. Everyone thinks they could do the job 10 times better. The issue with certain people goes beyond football....

• Like 1

So you can't relate to football fans from other parts of the country? Have you ever been to a game?

So you can't relate to football fans from other parts of the country? Have you ever been to a game?

Sorry I think my personal opinion away from the ground with people in Birmingham has caused me to go off topic a bit with my post. My point was there is a wider issue with people in general throughout the country. I don't think football has anything to do with it.

Seeing on social media that three albion players apparently assaulted on the pitch afterwards. Anyone heard anything?  I saw Lescott surrounded by Villa fans at the end who were right in his face and clearly giving him abuse.

That particular individual has done his utmost to wind up, patronise, belittle and wind-up Villa fans his entire career. I hope he did get some abuse back. (In the non violent / physical way). If youre big enough to give it, be big enough to accept it.

• Like 1

If youre big enough to give it, be big enough to accept it.

Only fair if it's like for like, though, which it clearly isn't

Totally agree. But, i assume he gives the fans the "banter" he does because there is a nice line of stewards and advertising boardings seperating him / them. The 3-2 Everton game springs to mind. Im not sure he would be so brave / fool hardy to give the fans stick if there wasnt stewards in the middle of it. No-one likes seeing this, but he as an individual case, perhaps deserves some barracking back.

• Like 1

The invasion during the game was idiotic as it could have cost us the match.
But there are some sad people moaning about fans embarassing the club by running on the pitch.
It is 10x more embarassing to go on a losing streak without scoring for 10+ games.
For many fans this is the first time they get to see their team play at Wembley.
Go Watch Polo if you're worried about etiquette.
Sad bunch.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC
  • Like 2

Compare the amount of press coverage already about people running on the pitch and singing, to the complete absence of any mention of dozens of seats being thrown from 50 feet in the air on to people below. The narrative has been set.

• Like 1

These things happen for a reason, someone thought the game was over and it wasn't and then others followed. No big deal. The players are not superior humans, they should man the f*ck up and understand the passion of the fans who have paid good money, for so long.

Ive seen four games in the last three years. One was a particularly harrowing 3-0 defeat to Everton at home where i very much wanted to leave at half time. In those three years ive been disappointed to the end of existence by Villa.

So imagine how the season ticket holders of the last three years have felt. Miserable, angry, frustrated and utterly powerless I presume. Then imagine their celebration at Villa actually achieving something today, FA Cup Semi-Final, at Wembley, having beaten local rivals in the process. Pitch invasions are rare beasts, but this one was **** long overdue. Give them their moment in the sun, their support, passion, patience and £££ deserve it.

Â