pitch invading prats / points deduction?

Rodders

I still cannot get over the sheer hypocrisy from some in the media over this. The BBC have got a whole article describing it as a "return to the dark ages". The way they're acting you'd think there'd been some kind of full-blown riot.

Call it small time or mock us or whatever, but the way they've been describing it is pathetic, especially when they sit there jacking themselves off to smaller clubs doing it in the earlier rounds.

Edited by Mantis

B_h8ThzWYAAYAK2.jpg

This kind of stuff is way over the top.

flavour of the month, they're desperate to label us all as drunken racist idiots who will harm women and children at any opportunity

we invaded the pitch, no doubt someone somewhere could have been killed :rolleyes: like i said before the main issue for us is how small time it is that we invaded the pitch for making a semi final

there it was, MOTD, kevin phillips "could have killed someone"

**** off

Killed someone?

I hope he was making that gesture to the disgusting violent thugs ripping up seats in the upper north stand and throwing them 30/40ft on to the people below rather than a few success starved excited numptys running on the pitch!

He was

Perhaps we should murder 96 of our own fans - then start a campaign for 'Justice'

shameful comment.

Im glad someone else has pointed this out Blandy. I had to read that a few times to see if there was something I wasnt getting like some sort of joke. Im disgusted. Im guessing It can only be a statement made to garner some sort of response on an online forum and as such its making me feel pretty bad just for bumping it. Feel free to voice that sentiment in public though. I am ashamed that theres a link between us as human beings. The only time in my life Ive ever been ashamed to be a villa fan.

Stadium closure :crylaugh: :crylaugh:

Give it a few days, probably tomorrow actually when United play Arsenal and this will all be forgotten about. We'll get a small fine and that will be the end of it. What an overreaction :lol:

People love a bit of moral outrage, even if it's over complete bollocks.

Blow over in a few days, can't see much happening in terms of ramifications either. The legal team will surely just be able to point to the comparisons mentioned and any action out of kilter to their punishments will surely be unenforceable.

[img ]

[/img ]

I'm surprised there hasn't been more focus on the seat throwing by the albion fans. They must have thrown over 20 seats on to the Villa fans, apparently hitting some of their own fans whilst doing so, along with various other missiles. I was surprised given it was a derby game, kick off time and potential for violence that they were still put above the Villa fans and that there was such an obvious lack of stewards. They were throwing things after both goals and stewards and Police below could clearly see what was going on but nothing was done.

Edited by markavfc40

**** OFF you drunk morons. So cretinously embarrassing, and rather small time. That's the police vetoeing all further afternoon derby matches. You useless pisshead twits. Hope we ban the lot of them.

Also, given our woeful discipline earlier this season with red cards and fines - is there a chance we could now be hit by a points deduction?

This was an FA Cup match and is therefore a totally different competition. I would think a points deduction in the league would be highly questionable legally. Liverpool didn't receive a league points deduction for their terrible actions in Heysel and for me there is no difference. Hopefully CCTV imgaes can identify the culprits then lifetime bans can be handed out accordingly.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more focus on the seat throwing by the albion fans. They must have thrown over 20 seats on to the Villa fans, apparently hitting some of their own fans whilst doing so, along with various other missiles. I was surprised given it was a derby game, kick off time and potential for violence that they were still put above the Villa fans and that there was such an obvious lack of stewards. They were throwing things after both goals and stewards and Police below could clearly see what was going on but nothing was done.

**** - I was in the middle of the lower North and had no idea what that was happening!

You're right though - it's amazing how a good-natured pitch invasion is getting lots of negative coverage while this kind of thing has been largely ignored.

Edited by Mantis

The media and Pulis are being so hypocritical it's ridiculous.

It was a friendly pitch invasion, just like so many examples where fans and the media have been delighted to see it. This seems to have been turned by the condemnable, but I would have ti assume accidental, early pitch invasion, and violence from West Brom fans to make it sound like a riot took place.

And the quote from Delph saying he got bit, he was laughing and clearly loving it in that interview yet they just quote him and make it sound like he was about to get murdered!

There will be a fine, anything more would be unprecendented and uncalled for.

Put some of the blame the stupid kick off time and housing the away fans above the home fans.

Oh yeah, and we should be thrown out of this years Champions League along with our Premier League points deduction

• Like 1

I still cannot get over the sheer hypocrisy from some in the media over this. The BBC have got a whole article describing it as a "return to the dark ages". The way they're acting you'd think there'd been some kind of full-blown riot.

Call it small time or mock us or whatever, but the way they've been describing it is pathetic, especially when they sit there jacking themselves off to smaller clubs doing it in the earlier rounds.

This. It's ridiculous. There has been literally dozens of pitch invasions in the last ten years. Why is this one being treated as a cataclysmic event?

Perhaps we should murder 96 of our own fans - then start a campaign for 'Justice'

I'm no lover of Liverpool but that post is well out of order.

• Like 2

**** the media.

The idiots who invaded before the whistle and the WBA fans throwing stuff should be hung out to dry but people invading after the final whistle happens all the time.

Hypocritical words removed

Lawrenson can bite my ****e it was all a release from all the frustration and misery that we the fans have endured since MON left nothing more it was the morons ripping seats up and throwing that should be punished!  Of course MOTD wanted us to lose as we have been put down for years!!!!  **** em!!!!

I seriously think Lawrenson  should refund his fee to the BBC for yesterday - how can you have a pundit who was supposed to give expert analysis, but gets everything wrong ? - they might just as well have an ordinary Joe of the street.

Surely it can't just be me but IMO "Lawro' absolutely hates Villa. I have no idea why but he never has a good word for us and loves to 'predict' us losing.

• Like 2

Â