pitch invading prats / points deduction?

Rodders

Lawrenson can bite my ****e it was all a release from all the frustration and misery that we the fans have endured since MON left nothing more it was the morons ripping seats up and throwing that should be punished!  Of course MOTD wanted us to lose as we have been put down for years!!!!  **** em!!!!

Lawrenson can bite my ****e it was all a release from all the frustration and misery that we the fans have endured since MON left nothing more it was the morons ripping seats up and throwing that should be punished!  Of course MOTD wanted us to lose as we have been put down for years!!!!  **** em!!!!

I seriously think Lawrenson  should refund his fee to the BBC for yesterday - how can you have a pundit who was supposed to give expert analysis, but gets everything wrong ? - they might just as well have an ordinary Joe of the street.

Should all be locked up in Broadmoor. Imagine having the gall to celebrate winning a quarter final in a derby by celebrating with the players.

The moral high ground the media are taking over this is pathetic.

• Like 1

Should all be locked up in Broadmoor. Imagine having the gall to celebrate winning a quarter final in a derby by celebrating with the players.

The moral high ground the media are taking over this is pathetic.

I would love the comments if Liverpool fans storm the pitch today....

This has got less to do with the fans going on to the pitch and more to do with it being televised. If this game hadn't been on the beeb, then it'd merit a byline somewhere and a paragraph of tut tut. At the moment we've got people falling over themselves to be most outraged.

I was at the game, I didn't see the seats being thrown, I didn't see the players being mobbed by fans after the whistle, all I saw was smiling Villa fans, men, women, kids, on the pitch celebrating getting to Wembley and enjoying a moment - should they have been there? No, but like the vast majority of those that were, I'm sure I'm not the only one surprised this morning to be reading about violence and disgrace - for most people, this was smiles and celebration.

• Like 1

There seem to be quite a few folk who are completely missing the point.

Don't tell me that any single one of the fans who invaded the pitch didn't know it was not allowed.  EVERYONE knows this yet they still do it.  Emotions are high which is understandable given its been 5 years since anything even remotely interesting happened on the pitch.  BUT these kind of incidents WILL HAVE IMPLICATIONS.  It is not unthinkable that we could be THROWN OUT OF THE CUP as a result.  It is always a risk.

I'm sure it probably entered most people's heads that "Maybe I shouldn't run on here in case we get punished, fined, or thrown out of the cup", but then they sort of get caught up in the moment.

Good natured or not, this should never happen.  We will get in some proper serious sh** if this happens again.  I expect a massive fine and no more but next time we'll get thrown straight out of the competition and probably banned for a year or 2.

A special mention goes to the w***** who ran on the pitch before the whistle had even blown.  The risk of getting your team thrown out of the FA Cup as a result of your idiotic actions is at least 10 times higher than doing it after the whistle.  You know who you are and if you read this please do f*** off and count yourself very lucky you didn't get your team kicked out as a result of your mindless actions (assuming that we don't).

The fact that Villa moved quickly to make an official apology should mean we won't get kicked out but come on.

Also, not much mention about Albion fans throwing seats.  That completely outdoes even the w****** who ran on to the pitch during play.  Find them and punish them.  SEVERELY.  There are women, children etc in the lower tier and this can seriously injure or KILL people.  Anyone got any pics or video evidence of this?  

• Like 1

Has a team ever been throw out of any competition for fans running on the pitch?

The drama around this is kind of unbelievable, it's not even an uncommon event and it's certainly not a return to the dark ages or ugly scenes.

Man City fans last year!

And Stoke fans while Pulis was manager, these scenes were describes as extraordinary, not ugly or poisonous.

Edited by packoman

It was a fairly unremarkable incident hyped up by the media and decried by people who are familiar with the over-sanitised, stage show that football has become. I'm not condoning violence, thuggery, or even the people getting too excited and running on during the game at all, but an 'after the whistle' pitch invasion is so common. Especially in cup games. The people who ran on before the end were being idiots, but sometimes people do silly things for good reasons. They can't all be bad people can they!? Oh well, just my two pennies worth!

During the game was a bad move, I'll admit. But I can't blame them, so much shit we've been dealt and a lot of built up hurt...I'd just wished they waited till full time.

But some of the dross on here attacking them from the comfort of arm chairs, when largely it seems to have been a peaceful affair...from a packed house of passionate fans.

Lighten up.

1503525_1035642769796614_698164264283137

I have never really had issues with "happy" invasions to celebrate certain events. I remember the whole pitch at Hillsbourough being covered by Villa fans after we won promotion in 1974, the Tranmere & Blackburn semi-finals. No problems with any of that.

A very valid point has been made on this thread though and that is the problems that Delph encountered. There are also reports of a few WBA players receiving pushes & shoves etc. We wouldn't like this if it happened to our players and for that reason, I don't believe we can defend the after match invasion.

Yes, the seats incidents were far worse and yes they are making more of it because it was live on BBC but a line has to be drawn when players are touched/obstructed.

The invasion during the game was bizarre. I put it down to someone prematurely thinking that the final whistle had gone and many following. No excuses, not in this day and age.You have to question Villa though. How come they are the only ones who don't appear to have considered the impact of a Saturday afternoon heavy drinking session for both sets of fans? Didn't they learn anything from the Monday night Blues derbies?

• Like 2

Delph getting bitten I wonder about, any tescos fans mixing in I wonder.

Hard to fathem why our fans would bite our players, that's plane wrong. However, an isolated incident and most fans were perfectly amicable so no justification of the mass hysteria/labeling of the many thousands who went on.

Has a team ever been throw out of any competition for fans running on the pitch?

The drama around this is kind of unbelievable, it's not even an uncommon event and it's certainly not a return to the dark ages or ugly scenes.

Man City fans last year!

And Stoke fans while Pulis was manager, these scenes were describes as extraordinary, not ugly or poisonous.

Didn't Albion fans do it after the "great escape".

The overreaction from the media is making me angry! Lawro the word removed trying to make out its like another Heysel or something. rocket polisher. 

Delph getting bitten I wonder about, any tescos fans mixing in I wonder.

Hard to fathem why our fans would bite our players, that's plane wrong. However, an isolated incident and most fans were perfectly amicable so no justification of the mass hysteria/labeling of the many thousands who went on.

I may be wrong, but as many of them were kissing him and lots of pushing and shoving I've assumed its bashed teeth into him rather than biting. I'm sure he wouldn't have mentioned it if it was actual assault (by his own fans). He looked very happy with it all.

Â