pitch invading prats / points deduction?

Rodders

Guy at work said I cant believe your fans ran on with 5 mins to go :-/

Considering the time of the kick off I didnt see or hear of reports of much fighting in or outside the ground. At full time the fans ran on to congratulate the players rather than have a go at Baggies fans. TBH 80% of them had left the ground by 90th minute anyhow.

A monetary fine is expected anything more is stupid.

There was a villa fan on the same bus as me coming back from the game who had a seat. He seemed very proud of himself.

To be fair, from eavesdropping it sounds like he found it rather than ripped it off. But still.

Edited by Stevo985

Really hope they get the fans who were throwing seats down in that area.

I've sat in that area with my son, who is not even 3.  It is not inconceivable that, given his smaller and much softer head, that the same blow seen to that fan applied to my son could have been me bringing him home in a body bag.

Of course, I would not have taken him to a local derby and certainly not have sat there knowing away fans were right above us anyway...but the point still remains.

The Boggies also kicked it off outside the station (Witton) riot police getting out of hand when I passed, Now that seemed like 80's old school football

Yeah, Witton was manic. At one point the police blocked the road for no reason at all as far as I could see, and with them all gathered in one place, it kicked off further up the road. It was pretty hairy.

Guys at work having a go, suggesting we'll be kicked out the cup and deservedly so. They dont seem to have an answer to 'So you think the baggies fans who caused criminal damage in the ground and concourse, and assaulted our fans deserve to see their team in the semi final more than a group of fans who were reacting to pure excitement and stepped on some grass?

Unbelievable the overreaction this has caused, and I think the statement from West Brom was completely classless. Basically, 'We acknowledge our fans were bad and ''allegedly'' threw seats, but we utterly condemn people running on a pitch...Even though our fans did that for finishing 17th'

The more i read about this, the more angry I get at how villa fans are being portrayed!

There was a villa fan on the same bus as me coming back from the game who had a seat. He seemed very proud of himself.

To be fair, from eavesdropping it sounds like he found it rather than ripped it off. But still.

I saw a guy on the pitch waving around part of a seat. My guess is he found it because the seat was claret - was probably thrown down by one of the Neanderthals in the upper North.

Fed up with the rubbish being spouted now, drunken yobs apparently, they weren't drunken yobs they were fans enjoying the result and got a bit carried away.

The fans that went on before the final whistle thought the game was over, nothing more, they didn't go on to cause trouble. You'd think there was a full scale riot in the middle of the pitch the way the media are going on.

Had it happened at an away ground I could understand why they'd be an issue with it but we were at home.

• Like 1

it was 91 minutes they ran on when 4th official put up 5 minutes. surely they arent that stupid to know the difference between one and five minutes

A minute seemed like 5 to be fair! I doubt they checked their watches, play went down the other end, they heard the ref whistle.

it was 91 minutes they ran on when 4th official put up 5 minutes. surely they arent that stupid to know the difference between one and five minutes

A minute seemed like 5 to be fair! I doubt they checked their watches, play went down the other end, they heard the ref whistle.

And it was probably one or two that made the initial mistake, and everyone else followed suit.

I think it all highlights the sheer small mindedness of West Brom. As someone mentioned, their statement was classless and typical of what they have become after a couple of seasons in the prem. 

Their chairman rightly said last season that they are a mid table team at best and this serves to highlight it

• Like 2

It is simply astounding how many people are just caught up by the media circus, and ignoring the relative so called "dangers" from the various events.

The pitch invasion with pretty much zero reported casualties appears to eclipse all else, chairs being launched from a great height causing heads to be split open is obviously far the lesser offence.  People are like sheep when it comes to media reporting, they see fans on the pitch and the world war 3 has litteraly begun because of the way it's being reported.

2 days later and the FA have requested all footage of the incidents reported, both from the pitch invasion and what happened in the stands

At worst were going to get a substantial fine (£100,000+) warned as to future conduct and we will be told to beef up the stewarding

Best case is a minimal fine (smallheath got fined £20k for invading the pitch in the qf against us in 2011), and a warning against future conduct and told to improve stewarding

Neither club is coming out of this smelling of roses, its easy to say as fans that we were simply releasing the emotions after having nothing to celebrate in 5 years but in reality that's what I was for 99% of those on the pitch

The other 1% have been pictured spitting, shoving and jeering at boaz myhill, Callum mcmanaman and joleon lescott, I hope those involved in these acts get punished accordingly

As for the F.A, what happened should be a catalyst for them not to be strong armed into letting a local derby in a cup game with a game at Wembley at steak kick off after giving the fans a chance to get on the piss all day

As for the seat throwing and crowd trouble, shame on Aston Villa for thinking everything would be rosy letting Wba fans sit above Aston villa fans in the north stand, what exactly did they expect to happen.

Everything that happened was entirely preventable by having the game lick off at 12.30

Edited by Jimzk5

2 days later and the FA have requested all footage of the incidents reported, both from the pitch invasion and what happened in the stands

At worst were going to get a substantial fine (£100,000+) warned as to future conduct and we will be told to beef up the stewarding

Best case is a minimal fine (smallheath got fined £20k for invading the pitch in the qf against us in 2011), and a warning against future conduct and told to improve stewarding

Neither club is coming out of this smelling of roses, its easy to say as fans that we were simply releasing the emotions after having nothing to celebrate in 5 years but in reality that's what I was for 99% of those on the pitch

The other 1% have been pictured spitting, shoving and jeering at boaz myhill, Callum mcmanaman and joleon lescott, I hope those involved in these acts get punished accordingly

As for the F.A, what happened should be a catalyst for them not to be strong armed into letting a local derby in a cup game with a game at Wembley at steak kick off after giving the fans a chance to get on the piss all day

As for the seat throwing and crowd trouble, shame on Aston Villa for thinking everything would be rosy letting Wba fans sit above Aston villa fans in the north stand, what exactly did they expect to happen.

Everything that happened was entirely preventable by having the game lick off at 12.30

Whoa whoa whoa what did they expect to happen with Albion fans above villa fans? Almost sounds like it's excusing what they did.

Â