pitch invading prats / points deduction?

Rodders

I couldn't believe Kevin Phillips actually, as a former player he was clearly wanting a Baggies win, At half time he was saying how gutted he was at the Baggies guy missing that sitter then on MOTD he was slating the Villa Fans for dangerously invading the pitch but when the seat throwing thing was mentioned he said it in such a way that is sounded as though it was the Villa fans who'd done that too!...No mention of it being the cowardly Baggies fans throwing things down from the Upper North stand at the sitting ducks below at all!.. So much for impartialism lol! You have just erased the little bit of respect i had for you KP!

Phillips was at the Albion longer than he was with us though, to be fair, and scored quite a few more goals there too. I'll never criticise anyone who's scored the winner in a game against sha, but I agree it was a little galling to see him not even pretend to remain neutral. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

To be fair most of the (rational) condemnation came for the early pitch invasion. Idiotic because it could have cost us the match. Also when comparing to other pitch invasions we have to remember this was a local derby and everybody was tanked up. It was a 'menacing' undercurrent throughout. Not like some little cup team celebrating a giant killing, the context is different.  

Why were they lots of police congregated at the bottom of the Trinity Road stand near the half-way line? There was something going off there that hasn't been mentioned. There were about a dozen of them whilst chaos was happening elsewhere,

Edited by supernova26

I don't think the premature pitch invasion was a contrived attempt to be scumbags. I think a few people thought they heard the final whistle and the rest followed. It was irritating to watch but they don't deserve 'life bans' or any of that guff.

• Like 3

To be fair most of the (rational) condemnation came for the early pitch invasion. Idiotic because it could have cost us the match. Also when comparing to other pitch invasions we have to remember this was a local derby and everybody was tanked up. It was a 'menacing' undercurrent throughout. Not like some little cup team celebrating a giant killing, the context is different.  

Why were they lots of police congregated at the bottom of the Trinity Road stand near the half-way line? There was something going off there that hasn't been mentioned. There were about a dozen of them whilst chaos was happening elsewhere,

Thing is, the actual invasion itself really wasn't much different to the giant killing pitch invasions that the pricks at the BBC love to celebrate. And from what I've seen of the coverage it's almost as if the media are treating to two invasions as one and the same even though one is obviously a lot worse than the other.

I think if it hadn't have been for the early invasion, nobody would have said anything and the BBC would have been raving about the "incredible scenes at Villa Park". The Daily Mail have, over the past 20+ years, done everything possible to be as negative as possible when reporting on football fans.

Villa s problem is that the FA will be influenced by the BBC's coverage and the gutter press headlines from the Daily Mails of this world.

In defence, Villa could argue that the invasion on 93 mins was just a mistake made by the perpetrators who thought that the final whistle had blown. This is still no excuse but is mitigating. The invasion was harmless and entirely down to over excitement.

The invasion at the end is similar to one that happens at many grounds, every season. Indeed the BBC have glorified it recently on the internet whislt advertising forthcoming FA cup games.

Villa will now probably get a hefty fine and must take part responsibility for the failure to control the fans.

Absolutely disgusting scenes last night!

0F2FCC52-7CC9-4B1A-BB34-833E951CF989.jpg

FB5B0E72-B4AA-40DC-8974-0E27D45417A8.jpg

A6A59669-E57C-415A-BA92-07BF7AA70D69.jpg

B9A19673-A8D6-4E15-97FB-1AC27D60B216.jpg

Where have these pics come from mate? I can't be 100% sure but I think these were from after the Blackburn semi in 2010. The tops the fans have on would also suggest that.

They're from this season - we didn't have pinstripes in 2010. There's just a lot of people with kids shirts on in those pictures, hence the Acorns logo instead of Dafabet. Also, here's another picture with that steward in it:

0e10fb20-c510-11e4-8730-f19834f5a877_RTR

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

They're from this season - we didn't have pinstripes in 2010. There's just a lot of people with kids shirts on in those pictures, hence the Acorns logo instead of Dafabet. Also, here's another picture with that steward in it:

Cheers. Be nice if for balance the papers could have printed some of these. I have never known anything be overblown to the extent this has. The worst part was the baggies fans throwing seats/other missiles from the upper north but the pitch invasion at the end was hardly worth a foot note.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Beginning to look like the Baggies malefactors will also face serious scrutiny. I am encouraged by WBA's public statement today abhoring the alleged violence and property destruction by their own fans. 

It said: "The club is also aware of reports of serious misbehaviour involving some of its own supporters. ...It issues an uncompromising reminder today that any supporter found guilty of disorder offences can expect the appropriate sanction from the club. ... West Bromwich Albion will continue to operate zero tolerance to any fans who bring the club's reputation into disrepute."

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

I wasn't impressed by that statement. It mentions the fans running on the pitch but not the fans who vandalised the seats and used them as missiles. As I said seems like they were just trying to pin all the blame on the Aston Villa fans.

• Like 1

I wasn't impressed by that statement. It mentions the fans running on the pitch but not the fans who vandalised the seats and used them as missiles. As I said seems like they were just trying to pin all the blame on the Aston Villa fans.

It was from WBA corporate, after all, right, so I wouldn't expect much. It does acknowledge "reports of serious misbehavior." I suppose they could have said "alleged criminal behavior" but, again, this is their home side -- they're not going to go out on a limb until the investigation is done.

1425850865937.png

Albion fans trying to justifying the seat throwing. So full of s***! 

Almost literary in its poetics of nonsense.

Makes you wonder how the offspring of these Baggie parents* turn out in life with such loving parental sensitivity for the little ones. "Ere, lad, 'av this seat, roight, and stick it on ya yed, roight, to stop the gobs?"

* Wait, I think I am one, actually.  :huh:

Â