Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

14 hours ago, limpid said:

It's still in force though.

So weird. It sounds like the concordat inhabits today a kind of grey area of German law? But it's very strange, isn't it? A way for the RCC to protect itself and hold a kind of specially protected status under the German Federal state. 

Finally! I knew we had been "visited" a lot around where I live in America, but it's pretty exciting to learn that Britain, too, enjoys a favoured status for extraterrestrial flybys. I guess the aliens prefer English. Take that, Putin!

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A proposal from 1405

spacer.png

Wales, Northumberland, Mortimer.

spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Didn’t happen

from by where the river starts to the gates of Worcester and then to by where them ashtrees are by kinver up to by where the mersey starts n that.

32 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

from by where the river starts to the gates of Worcester and then to by where them ashtrees are by kinver up to by where the mersey starts n that.

We could have had Chester Zoo and The Beatles.

• Haha 1

I’d have to confess, I’ve got fairly limited interest. The current Mrs chrisp however, very different story, loves all that kings and queens stuff and Tower of London and castles and the like. Although also an ardent republican. One of those things where you don’t have to like it to love it.

We had someone around the house last week that declared they loved the holocaust. After a bit of an awkward silence around the table, they explained what they meant and that fascinated and horrified and some more fascinated might have been better words. 

• Like 1

The heraldry bit, the kings and queens is the bit I have little interest in to be fair but I remember working in Abergavenny a few years ago at the castle. It was at that point I realised there was an abergavenny castle. something about revenge killings over the banquet table and sacking your own castle to spite the english and so on and realising there must be many tales from these marches type areas. Prince Llewellyn being slain in mid wales and all that.

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

We could have had The Beatles.

were they all from Birkenhead?

It'd be all the Wirrall and all that Mordor-y bit by Ellesmere Port I think. Or Westside to Snoop Bicky Bicks or BicksLion or whatever he calls himself these days.

Anyway maps n that.

fb361f9825b5ea983fd6f40fb215440c.jpg

• Haha 1

On 28/02/2024 at 11:05, chrisp65 said:

We had someone around the house last week that declared they loved the holocaust. After a bit of an awkward silence around the table, they explained what they meant and that fascinated and horrified and some more fascinated might have been better words. 

When I was talking about Krakow to a work colleague, and I mentioned we went to Auschwitz. "Was it good?" was the question. "Errrrr..."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xela said:

When I was talking about Krakow to a work colleague, and I mentioned we went to Auschwitz. "Was it good?" was the question. "Errrrr..."

We were going to visit Auschwitz when we went to Krakow but did the Schindler museum first. That was enough for one trip.

Â