18 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

Map of the West Midlands if/when sea levels rise 150m

RDT_20240127_1726026580940185328044130.jpg

I knew my recent move to Streetly was a good idea. Shut up Four Oaks

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

OK doesn't make the possibly interesting criteria but sharing anyway!

Can someone who understands cricket explain the significance of the 'line' colours, please? 

23 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

OK doesn't make the possibly interesting criteria but sharing anyway!

Dreadful, really should be on that terrible maps Twitter. There is absolutely no justification for the lines and the exchange stations, it’s a map for the sake of being a map

• Haha 1

Talking of Tube maps, this has appeared at (I think) 5 stations on the circle line

Its part of a Samsung Android advertising campaign but it has people talking

IMG_0117.webp
yes it’s dreadful

On 12/02/2024 at 11:00, Xann said:

425311604_781175637371393_1064680287193066850_n.thumb.jpg.9ddb3dd8a1d051963b9773663fd142f3.jpg

Have they been breeding?

That's very cool. It's a pity the moons aren't a bit closer to scale though. Then it would be fantastic.

That's for all genders right?

That's one in fifty people in Russia being prostitutes - and taking into account an assumed probability that there are more women than men, even more than that for women - surely not?

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's for all genders right?

That's one in fifty people in Russia being prostitutes - and taking into account an assumed probability that there are more women than men, even more than that for women - surely not?

22 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, I got to the same maths, 1 in 50 in Russia is a prostitute.

I would be genuinely surprised if that were the case.

The source for the map is Wiki.

In 2012 it was estimated that there were between 40 and 42 million prostitutes in the world.[1] The list of countries below provides an estimate for the number of people working as prostitutes in each country. China, India, and the United States are the countries with the most prostitutes

So the source for the Russian figure is this article on the Amnesty International website. Yep Its bollocks :D 

Over many years, some unofficial estimates have calculated the number of sex workers in Russia to be at three million, and their clients at 30 million. People come and go, but the figures remain the same. Despite the elevated figures, there is an absence of prevention programs, lack of sex education and attempts to replace it with some kind of alternative, including harm reduction, and high cost of condoms. This has led to an HIV epidemic and the government refuses to admit i

• Like 1

Â