The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

7 minutes ago, a m ole said:

to get to the cup final Sherwood won 2 matches. It's not that impressive.

Lambert had 2 matches against Bradford! Sherwood haters are gonna hate but ce le vie.

14 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Lambert had 2 matches against Bradford! Sherwood haters are gonna hate but ce le vie.

To be fair, you said you 'don't get the hate' for Sherwood - well, they're telling you why. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair, you said you 'don't get the hate' for Sherwood - well, they're telling you why. 

Yes I am not saying he is beyond criticism.  But hate is weird.  Leads to the dark side! 

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Oh yeah the same final where we humiliated? Id rather not have got there if that was the type of performance he is going to put the side through. Sheer embarrassment. Also the complete flop the following season getting battered each week. Remember the 6-1 at Southampton? Absolutely disgraceful 

Then we lost at home to Burnley another embarrassment 

I would always rather be runner up in a cup final than not get there at all.

Ridiculous comment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I would always rather be runner up in a cup final than not get there at all.

Ridiculous comment.

OK you take the fa cup final where we were laughing stocks and one of the worst runners up in years. Much preferred the league cup against United where we were at least competitive. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

OK you take the fa cup final where we were laughing stocks and one of the worst runners up in years. Much preferred the league cup against United where we were at least competitive. 

I understand that but we had our moment in the semi against Liverpool. You cant take that away from him  just because we were crap in the final.  in the semi of the FA Cup under MON we were blown away by Chelsea. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

This isn't the Lambert thread.

It's about Sherwood being shit.

Edited by a m ole

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Laughing stock?

I think you overplay how much people care about us mate. We lost in the final but no-one else outside of our fans really gave a shit to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The final was the most embarrassing game I've ever witnessed and completely cancels out the semifinal which was ironically one of the best. What's the point of playing so well against Liverpool if you're going to put in a performance like that? Argh I get worked up just thinking about it. He had us going there for a minute didn't he. I actually thought he was good at one point. Charlatan.

My feelings exactly @Xelamate are same as this

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

So he gave us two games?

And then went on to humiliate us in the final, have the worst transfer window in the history of the club and doom us to relegation with a shocking start to the season.

Yes the west brom game was good. Yes the semi final was good. And yes he mustered a couple of other good performances in the league. 

But he is a massive part of why we are where we are. He's a shit manager and an utter clearing in the woods to boot.

Ok that is your opinion mine is we would have been relegated the season before and been stuck with Lerner in The Championship.  

• Like 1

On 23/04/2017 at 21:23, S-Platt said:

Yeah I don't get the hate for Sherwood.  He gave us the WBA Quarter Final which was the best atmosphere in ages at Villa Park then the Semi Final at Wembley which was a brilliant day.  Less said about The Final the better!!  We were doomed to relegation under Lambert and he saved us.   

Hindsight is a great thing and maybe we should have give the money from selling our best players to another manager.  However the shit going on from Lerner and co maybe any manager would have struggled.  

He has that brashness that rubs people up the wrong way but I enjoyed it at the time so can't knock him.

That's fair enough, but I think you're failing to see the mess he left the club in.

No problem with his end-of-season - he gave the place a feel good factor, took us to a cup final (irrespective of however many games, the one against Liverpool was a cracker) and kept us in the Premier League.  Having initially wanted him gone (or, rather, not hired) I warmed to the idea that he'd last longer than just the end of a season.  However...

...he then preceded to spend money on players (whether his call or not, they were bought) only to completely ostracise them when the going got tough... for him, of course.  Because it didn't really matter about the club or the players.  After results fell off a cliff, he had no idea how to get it back on track.  Take, for example, Steve Bruce this season.  Similarly horrific run of results, he's turned it around.  Under Sherwood, he just continued to divide the dressing room, and play with absolutely no clear style or system or... well, anything.  He then tried to save face.  It was all incredibly embarrassing and has led to where we are today.

Yes, other managers would have struggled at the club under Lerner.  Heck, maybe other managers wouldn't have had the same impact at the club initially.  However, if we could go back in time, I reckon hiring almost any other manager than Tim Sherwood would've resulted in the team being better off than it is now.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 08:23, S-Platt said:

Ok that is your opinion mine is we would have been relegated the season before and been stuck with Lerner in The Championship.  

Maybe, but there are a whole host of managers who could have kept us up that season and wouldn't have ruined us the following season.

• 2 weeks later...
Â