The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

When people come out with stuff like "Okore is absolute shit" is really does make me wonder what they are seeing when they watch us play.

he's crap, he cant defend, wins fk all in the air from long balls and is positionally the worst centre half of the lot of them. He literally goes walk about.

But villa fans, as thick as most of them are when rating players just think he's a beast cos he runs fast, is built like a tank and has a worldy video on youtube against fernando torres.

Unfortunately there is more to central defending then running quick and knocking strikers off the ball, but then again that's what looks good on the highlights reel.

Edited by villanmac
  • Like 1

When people come out with stuff like "Okore is absolute shit" is really does make me wonder what they are seeing when they watch us play.

he's crap, he cant defend, wins fk all in the air from long balls and is positionally the worst centre half of the lot of them. He literally goes walk about.

But villa fans, as thick as most of them are when rating players just think he's a beast cos he runs fast, is built like a tank and has a worldy video on youtube against fernando torres.

Unfortunately there is more to central defending then running quick and knocking strikers off the ball, but then again that's what looks good on the highlights reel.

Well I can only apologise for other Villa fans everywhere for our clear lack of knowledge and I can only hope to be as knowledgable as you in the future.

Yep, I've read some patronising shit on here before but that post from Villanmac is up there with the best of it. 

I bow to your superior footballing knowledge Villanmac.

Like Richards.

Amavi - Lescott - Okore - Richards

That would be a top defence

(I'm not keen on Richards at centre back)

Seriously...Richards isn't going to play rightback. Why people continually post it I don't know.
Because that is my opinion.
He's a centre half. Not a rightback.
Southgate was a midfielder.
An extremely defensive midfielder at that. Bought at the time to play centre half...like Richards.

Richards has been bought, told, does & will play centre half. He is no longer a rightback, that is his role for villa.

I understand that, but am still entitled to my opinion.

Still think there is a bit of work for him to do in the transfer window. Regardless of how quickly the new signings settle we still lack a proven goalscorer at this level and could do with shoring up the defence with someone like Lescott. I can't see anything other than a season of struggle otherwise - goals win games and I can't see where they are going to come from consistently to be honest, especially when you look at the other teams in and around us. There isn't a resilience in the team that would allow us to hold on to a load of one-nils either - that also isn't really Sherwood's style.

Just been watching Rondon play and that's exactly what we need IMO. He is a serious presence up top, has lots of power, good pace and movement. He has been a constant threat to the Chelsea back line despite not having much service to work with.

At the moment we have strikers who just do not do enough to impose themselves on the opposition. 

Mate who's palace fan and went says draw be a fair result.

Tim asked for fan patience, new team with 3 games played...he deserves that much at least.

Can't say any of the teams we've played have been that convincing, neither of the winners were worthy of it. Will get better imo.

Mate who's palace fan and went says draw be a fair result.

Tim asked for fan patience, new team with 3 games played...he deserves that much at least.

Can't say any of the teams we've played have been that convincing, neither of the winners were worthy of it. Will get better imo.

......how to wins friends andd influence people.

Completely out of order comment....arrogant does not even start to describe it.

I bow down to your superior knowledge of a player that was wanted by Chelsea has played in the Champions League regularly and played with an injury for a 1/3 of last season he's first as a starter in the Premier League. I bet your dream team is unbelievable with such knowledge.

You must hate Micah Richards then.

I really hope that behind the scenes, Tim is trying to persuade Lerner to buy a striker, and I hope that's why he's playing Gabby all the time (to show RL how urgently we need one).

This shit is getting so tiring.

So sorry. I'm tired of seeing Gabby starting, so the choice for me is to spend the next few months complaining that the manager is incompetent, or try to understand his reasoning.

Once again, sorry for tiring you.

Â