The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Really negative to say this but, if we win the cup and don't do a lot of buying in the summer, I can see us in another relegation battle next season. These players in a Europa League campaign, and trying to stave off relegation, scares the life out of me.

Really negative to say this but, if we win the cup and don't do a lot of buying in the summer, I can see us in another relegation battle next season. These players in a Europa League campaign, and trying to stave off relegation, scares the life out of me.

Lerner will think we spent 8m and got to a final, so will cut even more. With him in charge we will continue to suffer.

Lambert-esque performance today, we were woeful in every department, defensively we were very weak and we were clueless going forward - lacking any sort of creativity or incision, it was painful to watch.

Actually watching the game at Villa park it struct me how little movement there is in our midfield, Delph aside, no one was really commanding the ball or moving into positive space. Our passing was just sidewards for the most part, very frustrating. I also couldn't believe how narrow we were, we really didn't have much of a genuine out-ball, especially in the first half.

It was a putrid performance and we need to make some major signings this summer.

• Like 1

The last two games have been poor (especially Southampton) but I think we'll perform a lot better in the final. It's not a good enough excuse but I do think that once we beat West Ham and Hull lost to Burnley the players minds probably switched to the cup final. I guess you could argue that this is something Sherwood should've sorted out but I'm confident that next season will be closer to the general pattern under Sherwood rather than the last couple of games, provided there is solid investment for a change.

I'll always love him for how he got us over the line in previous games, but Tim got it badly wrong today for me. I can only hope he has the genius needed for Saturday. Whatever happens next week the club can ill afford a bad summer window.

• Like 2

One thing I will say is that Sherwood really needs to address this shameful and pathetic habit we have of conceding early in games - so often we pretty much scupper any chance of growing into a game and sticking to the plan becuase of stupid mistakes. In fairness it's a problem we've had for quite a while but it needs to be sorted out.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

One thing I will say is that Sherwood really needs to address this shameful and pathetic habit we have of conceding early in games - so often we pretty much scupper any chance of growing into a game and sticking to the plan becuase of stupid mistakes. In fairness it's a problem we've had for quite a while but it needs to be sorted out.

My thoughts too....it amateurish.

At least we haven't been conceding late in games as much as before. That is a major bonus.

Spurs fans nicknamed him 'Tim Tactic' His tactics today and at Southampton were embarrassing. I hope he works it out for Wembley.

That's my major concern about him, tactically naive and too stubborn to change them even when it's clear it's not working.

Conceding early in a game is not really a problem as long as the team on the receiving end keep calm and have a viable game plan to stick to. You've got nearly the whole game to fight back.

The real problem today was that we didn't (fight back/keep calm/have a game plan).

Conceding early in a game is not really a problem as long as the team on the receiving end keep calm and have a viable game plan to stick to. You've got nearly the whole game to fight back.

The real problem today was that we didn't (fight back/keep calm/have a game plan).

Yeah but if you keep on doing it as we do then it will inevitably cause problems from time to time. I also think it shows a severe lack of concentration. If we concede early against Arsenal for example then we've got very little chance of winning even if we do fight back with a plan.

Spurs fans nicknamed him 'Tim Tactic' His tactics today and at Southampton were embarrassing. I hope he works it out for Wembley.

That's my major concern about him, tactically naive and too stubborn to change them even when it's clear it's not working.

Tactically naive when we lose, what about when we win? What about when we dominated Liverpool, spurs, Everton and man city?

• Like 2

Well the tactics were certainly shite today, far too narrow for a lot of that game, the shape was absolutely awful. 

Â