The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

All those that cried when they heard Sherwood was taking over please come forward and confess to know nothing about football [emoji6]

People cried?

I spent about 2 days arguing with people disgusted that Sherwood was talking over.

He's won 2 games..... Let's not get carried away just yet. 

50% Strike Rate!  ;)

• Like 1

I honestly think he was hard done by by Spurs but they obviously had Pochettino in mind long term. He might just turn out to be the manager we have craved ever since MON. Someone shrewd in the transfer market and not afraid to give talented youth a chance.

He certainly has changed the mood in the short time that he has been here.

None of us know whether he will be right in the long term or not.....the start has been encouraging.

.....but when I hear a manager talk sense after a game......I think we have half a chance.

Keep it going Tim.

• Like 2

I believe he will be the best manager we have had in the last 30 years!

And no, this isn't a dig at another poster. I firmly believe this.

• Like 2

It's nice to see this place buzzing with a bit of optimism, but honestly, it's such early, early days.  A couple of wins against the Baggies is great; an F.A. Cup semi-final is smashing, but how about reining it in a bit until Villa have pulled clearer of trouble in the Prem?!

Edited by deck
  • Like 1

And no, this isn't a dig at another poster. I firmly believe this.

For that to happen we'd need Man City style takeover, which would be the case whoever was in charge. He's of to a good start though.

One thing is for certain though is that I have far more confidence in Sherwood's ability as a coach than Lambert's. I feel like he can actually improve the squad on the training field and coach a "style of play" into them.

Seen this a couple of times now, Lambert was short on good coaches it seems! Not sure how good an actual coach Sherwood is but his appointments certainly seem to have improved the coaching.

Lambert didn't even have an assistant in the end...

I honestly think he was hard done by by Spurs but they obviously had Pochettino in mind long term. He might just turn out to be the manager we have craved ever since MON. Someone shrewd in the transfer market and not afraid to give talented youth a chance.

He certainly has changed the mood in the short time that he has been here.

He has never worked in a transfer market. Depending on his budget it could make or break him for next season. Assuming we stay up.

One thing is for certain though is that I have far more confidence in Sherwood's ability as a coach than Lambert's. I feel like he can actually improve the squad on the training field and coach a "style of play" into them.

Seen this a couple of times now, Lambert was short on good coaches it seems! Not sure how good an actual coach Sherwood is but his appointments certainly seem to have improved the coaching.

Some managers are good coaches in their own right. Lambert wasn't.

I just give thanks to Lambert for saving us from relegation getting us through the early rounds of the FA cup and blessing us with some really good players. But he's moved on now and Sherwood's got the baton, if we play like we have done in the last two matches you never know we could win every match left. As it stands I can't imagine what it feels like to lose a game as a Villa fan.

It's just nice to enjoy going to the game again. It had become a grind now Sherwood has us playing with passion and desire. If we maintain that to the end of the season we will be safe and who knows may even have a trophy!!

I think this was Lambert's biggest mistake. The job is too big to do without proper help, and lots of it. Sherwood seems to realise this, judging by how many people he's brought in and how quickly he's done it.

• Like 1

Lambert refused to bring in help when offered by ex players... he got what was coming to him. Anyway.. to here and now. Its early days to make a call.. nut he certainly has the players respect so far and most the fan backing. So its going well.. whether he can do the job long term.. I am not sure but he seems the one tat may keep us up and that's all that matters right now.

How do we know if Lambert even had the option of brining in any staff after Keane left? I doubt if he had any choice. Obviously Sherwood was allowed otherwise we wouldn't have been able to attract him or any other manager to the club.

Edited by useless

How do we know if Lambert even had the option of brining in any staff after Keane left? I doubt if he had any choice. Obviously Sherwood was allowed otherwise we wouldn't have been able to attract him or any other manager to the club.

Why should he have had another chance?

Lambert brought in Karsa and Culverhouse and they were sacked because they were allegedly bullying players and club staff

Lambert brought in Keane and he left early; once again, allegations were made that he rubbed people up the wrong way, acted aggressively towards staff and players.

Sherwood is here for just under a month and has brought in people who know and love the club.

Lambert didn't deserve another chance after his track record of giving key roles to rocket polishers and bullies...

Interesting. So Randy or Fox decided Lambert couldn't bring in any more staff - but Sherwood could?

Why would they risk our premier league standing in that way? Perhaps Fox wants to be CEO of a championship club? Or Lerner want's to drop the value of the club so he can make a loss?

That's right - they wouldn't risk it. This has Lambert written all over it.

Â