The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I don't see what he can do other than be positive, until we're mathematically down. 

Being sat in front of the media looking like a beaten man wouldn't exactly make him look like a great appointment. 

I agree. He's also got, let's face it, to boost up the benighted supporters a bit. It's hard to take this. Some of us need someone to snap us out of the doldrums.

• Like 1

Wish you lot would stop criticising TS, he's right in his approach and should be applauded for his positivity.

Again we've been unlucky not to have some points from the last two games...

Paul Lambert would have been slated, absolutely slated, if he'd been positive about the last two games.

He certainly talks a good game, I like it! Obviously actions over words and all that but I'd hope that the rather bullish self-confidence is starting to filter through to the loser players.

“It’s no laughing matter now. You can’t tip-toe around the situation.

“The reality is we’re in it, but the reality is we’ve got an opportunity to get ourselves out of it.

“If we get out of this situation this season, we aren’t going to be in it next year. Never. Because I will have the opportunity to build something and I won’t let that happen again.

“I think there is enough to work with over a long period, I’m just hoping I’ve got enough time here to save the situation.”

“First and foremost all we’re worried about is winning this game tonight. If we do that it will take us out of the relegation zone and we’ll never look back.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tim-sherwood-says-aston-villa-5260623

Is there a hint there, that he won't be manager next season if we are relegated ?

Wish you lot would stop criticising TS, he's right in his approach and should be applauded for his positivity.

Paul Lambert would have been slated, absolutely slated, if he'd been positive about the last two games.

You would though have to put it in the context that Lambert had been here for more than 2 and half years. Had overseen one of the worst run of results in the clubs history. Had overseen game after game of dour, negative football.

Sherwood has been here two weeks. Been in charge for two games. I think most would agree that game on game there has been an improvement. On Saturday for the first time I saw urgency in our play. An appreciation from the players that they realise we are in deep shit and a desire to get us out of it. We didn’t win but for me it was a step in the right direction.

One of the positives of changing the manger is that the new man isn’t tarnished by past results and doesn’t carry that burden. I therefore think it would be unfair to judge him as if he had been here all through this run of dire results.

• Like 2

You would though have to put it in the context that Lambert had been here for more than 2 and half years. Had overseen one of the worst run of results in the clubs history. Had overseen game after game of dour, negative football.

Sherwood has been here two weeks. Been in charge for two games. I think most would agree that game on game there has been an improvement. On Saturday for the first time I saw urgency in our play. An appreciation from the players that they realise we are in deep shit and a desire to get us out of it. We didn’t win but for me it was a step in the right direction.

One of the positives of changing the manger is that the new man isn’t tarnished by past results and doesn’t carry that burden. I therefore think it would be unfair to judge him as if he had been here all through this run of dire results.

I agree. I see the improvement and I'm slightly encouraged.

But my point is people are praising Sherwood for his positivity. And I actually agree with that, I like his positivity.

But Lambert got slated for being positive about a game we lost. 

To be honest I was just making an off hand point about how much we overanalyse press conferences and what managers say to the media when, in reality, I don't think it matters a whole deal unless they're saying something really specific or outrageous.

Sherwood being positive in a press conference means nothing, as did Paul Lambert being positive in a press conference. What matters is what they say to the players. Lambert was obviously saying the wrong things. I hope Sherwood can start saying the right things

I agree. I see the improvement and I'm slightly encouraged.

But my point is people are praising Sherwood for his positivity. And I actually agree with that, I like his positivity.

But Lambert got slated for being positive about a game we lost. 

To be honest I was just making an off hand point about how much we overanalyse press conferences and what managers say to the media when, in reality, I don't think it matters a whole deal unless they're saying something really specific or outrageous.

Sherwood being positive in a press conference means nothing, as did Paul Lambert being positive in a press conference. What matters is what they say to the players. Lambert was obviously saying the wrong things. I hope Sherwood can start saying the right things

I think that was because there was nothing positive about the game so Lambert was obviously just spinning media BS. At least Sherwood DOES have some positives to get out of that last 2 games.

But there often were positives, but what was always said was "we lost so he shouldn't be positive"

Like I said, it was kind of a round about point I was making. It's fine that Sherwood is being cut more slack than Lambert was because Lambert had been here for longer and things were poor for a long time.

But I still think it's overanalysing stuff that doesn't really matter.

But there often were positives, but what was always said was "we lost so he shouldn't be positive"

Like I said, it was kind of a round about point I was making. It's fine that Sherwood is being cut more slack than Lambert was because Lambert had been here for longer and things were poor for a long time.

I'd watched the last 10 games of Lambert and honestly saw no positives other than Gill, an individual. The positives of the last 2 games has been the whole team shape, intent and a bit more passion. Whether that is because of Sherwood or just because of no Lambert I don't know.

I'd watched the last 10 games of Lambert and honestly saw no positives other than Gill, an individual. The positives of the last 2 games has been the whole team shape, intent and a bit more passion. Whether that is because of Sherwood or just because of no Lambert I don't know.

I think the team shape has been a huge negative in the past two matches to be honest, and I hope it's something Sherwood is going to address.

But I agree the intent and passion certainly look better.

I really do like what I'm hearing from TS he definitely gets me fired up with what he's saying and I hope it strikes a cord with the players too. I was a bit dubious about him coming to begin with because of how he went about the media at spurs but it really does get you going. We were so unlucky against Newcastle little things just didn't go our way but I did see a definite improvement from the stoke game IMO, don't think it'll be long (tonight hopefully) before we're getting an end result. I have faith in what he he's trying to instil in the style of play.Come TS you can do it UTV

I really do like what I'm hearing from TS he definitely gets me fired up with what he's saying and I hope it strikes a cord with the players too. I was a bit dubious about him coming to begin with because of how he went about the media at spurs but it really does get you going. We were so unlucky against Newcastle little things just didn't go our way but I did see a definite improvement from the stoke game IMO, don't think it'll be long (tonight hopefully) before we're getting an end result. I have faith in what he he's trying to instil in the style of play.Come TS you can do it UTV

it might be effective in the Championship, but i feel that even signing Messi, Ronaldo and Bale would make smeg all difference right now

Â