The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think Sherwood is going to big up Benteke and make him the total focal point. Maybe he needs this, maybe this brings the best out of him. Just Sherwood saying, get up and support the long and diagonal balls, Benteke wins his far share so get in and around him and get past the ball.

You could see the first shoots of this in the second half.

Seen nothing yet but new manager bounce. But its good to see we can harness that.

I liked Sherwood's passion. He seemed genuinely delighted that we scored and won.

His half time talk seemed to work as well.

Looking forward to seeing how we line up in his first proper game

At what point will you accept a good performance to not be 'new manager bounce'? A few weeks, months?

I've seen more than new manager bounce tbh. He clearly changed the direction of our play: play to Benteke's strengths, more long balls, more players busting into the box to support him or play off him. That's not new manager bounce, that's basic tactics which Lambert unfortunately lacked at times.

I didn't mean my post to sound as negative as it did.

I just meant he's not even in charge of the team yet so I think crediting him with today's win is a bit premature. The lineup or the personnel didn't change in the second half, the most that happened was an inspiring team talk which I've credited him with. Even Given said he didn't really do anything more than just tell them to keep going and keep giving it to Benteke.

Once he's in charge of the team and if performances pick up then he'll get the credit he'll deserve.

I just think its a bit premature today. That's all.

• Like 4

Â