The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm not expert but looking at the remaining fixtures it is blindingly obvious that if he can do what Lambert couldn't, which is win home games, then we will easily stay up. And our most winnable games are at home. Get that right, make VP a fortress again, and he'll get a lot of rope from fans. Win some **** home games!! It is doable. We can get points from every home game left

Just reading the BBC article about what we can expect from Sherwood and they've got Robbie **** Savage giving his unwanted opinion. Seriously, why do they always default to him whenever they want a comment about Villa?

That is so right... If we had of Signed Pep....He would have dug something negative up.

Hodgson has told Gary Neville to concentrate more on Coaching rather than Television work. Would be good to get him on board.

He is going to be a very very good asset to a club one day. He is a winner and expects noting less from players. I think if he wanted it Carragher is the same.
  • Like 1

There is one thing knowing it.....and another thing doing it.

Some of the best Managers in our time.

• Shankly
  • Saunders
  • Clough
  • Mourinho
  • Ferguson
  • Revie
  • Paisley
  • Stein
  • Van Gaal
  • Ancelloti
  • Hitzfeld

They didn't take shit from Players...They held a presence and instilled discipline

I think he could be a disaster.

But for two years I thought Lambert was going to turn out brilliant, and he certainly was a disaster.

He could turn out to be great, or just good.

If he keeps us up and makes us even faintly decent to watch I will be delighted. If he achieves either one or the other that'll be OK too - better than where we were going !

Don't care if he riles players - what have we got to lose there ? So he tells gabby he's lazy ? Gabby will either then improve or be dropped. Surely we'd all be fine with that ?

I don't care what Spurs fans think. A lot of villa fans talk like that about Mon, a lot don't.

I don't care whether spurs had spent £100 million not, Moyes, for example, inherited a title winning side and failed. In any case someone's past isn't overly relevant. For example I can picture Lambert doing well in the future, regardless of what happened here.

If you thought Lambert should have stayed due to a lack of quality alternatives, then I can respect and understand you having a negative view of the appointment.

But if you wanted Lambert out - as I did - I can't see how you can legitimately complain. The club acted quickly (nobody can say it is panic, it may have been planned for), decisively (for better or for worse), and practically (a lot of the names suggested are out of date, or under contract, or with no premier league experience......and not one would meet with universal approach all).

He may have an ego - have heard some people say that unlike murinho and Ferguson (for example) he has nothing to be egotistical about. Do you really think those type of managers only got an ego AFTER they were successful ?

Think again.

Some say he wheedled his way into the job. Oh, like nobody on here or in football has ever promoted their own cause ?

He might turn out awful, he might be terrific, he might be somewhere in between.

What is sure is that if it does work reasonably well it will mean the club will probably be where they wanted to be when they appointed Lambert. A young, dynamic, attacking, youth promoting manager and a reduced wage bill.

And that would bode just as well, if it happens, as it would have done had Lambert managed it.

Good luck Tim.

UTV !

sums up my thoughts too.

I'm hoping that Sherwood shakes things up and moves Lambert's backroom staff on. The players need fresh ideas, they've stagnated in the main for too long. We might not have a team/squad for the top 4 granted, but we're a way off our potential IMO. I think Sherwood will fire the players up and could keep us in the prem but he'll need help to develop the players we have over the med/long term.

I really wouldn't be opposed to Hoddle coming in given the developing squad we have. I'm sure he'd be able have more influence with our players than QPRs. Can't see him working under Sherwood though IMO. Neville (gary) seems like hed be a great coup, not too bad of a drive for him, young squad with potential and English talent too ... but probably wishfull thinking and if he was wanting a club would be more likely to team up with Bruce or Hughes? Wilkins might want a way back in and would defintely add something. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ramsey sign up in the summer, can't see QPR sticking with him either way.

Looking forward to hearing from Tim in the coming days and seeing who he does bring in.

Edited by flatty

When I heard the news earlier today I just felt all hope drain out of me.  I feel this is a disaster Billy McNeil style.

It isn't the prospect of Relegation, which isn't something new in my lifetime of supporting Villa, I just can't see Sherwood building any longterm plan.

I am probably biased as I didn't like him as a player either.

Despite being a bit underwhelmed by the appointment I'm actually a little bit excited about what he could do. Maybe I'm just so used to the way things were in the end under Lambert that I'll take any change, but I don't feel the same way as I did when McLeish was appointed.

• Like 1

I think hes shite

So was Lambert

I'm kinda guessing that Richard is really hoping Sherwood is crap as it somehow justifies that we should have kept his bestie mate Lambert who had a mere three seasons to prove that he was not our 'best manager in 30 years'.

• Like 2

He only managed Spurs for 28 games. Too short a time to label him a top manager......It's also too short a time to label him as a terrible manager. The only certainty, is that he is now our manager. The sniping should stop. We all need to get behind this guy 100%. Starting today. I wish him well.

• Like 1

Â