The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

The team spirit in our camp is, and has been for a while, quite high. I can imagine if Tim disappoints just one player, then the whole of the squad aren't going to be very happy. Potentially disastrous but now it is complete we have to support him otherwise we will be plummeting down the leagues.

team sprit has been high?

Yes. We just didn't perform very well.

.....and team spirit plays no part in that?

He's a risk, but I think anyone we brought in at this stage of the season would have carried some risk. If he sends players out to win games, instead of to not lose them, he'll be a massive improvement. One thing's for sure, it's not going to be dull.

Well, I wish the bloke luck.

The good thing is, it can't get any worse than what we've seen this season.

It's a shame he wasn't given a transfer window to bring in players he wanted.

I think it's too little too late to keep us up though. But, I hope he can!

We're only in the relegation zone on goal difference, If he can't keep us up from here then he'll probably be sacked. I reckon we'll stay up.

No chance on that in my view. We've had around 65 percent of the season already and we are in the relegation zone. I think it's probably an assurance he has got that he'll be here for the start of next season whatever happens.

What's the betting that Gabby or Delph will fall out with Tim first?

He will have the balls to drop Gabby or sell if he causes trouble..

Just don't think they will get on!

I think Houllier is the only manager that has fallen out with Gabby, or at least the only one that's dropped him, I don't recall it being the result of a row. I don't recall Delph ever having had a row with a manager. I'm guessing it's unlikely either of them will start to change now. What makes you think they're about to become trouble makers?

I see Sherwood having real issues with Gabby

I see any manager worth his salt having a few issues with a few players.....initially he needs to get a response though.

Plenty of fans and commentators have been saying that we've got quality in the squad but we just don't have confidence and attacking ideas.  We've just hired confidence and attacking ideas on a three year contract and still some people moan that they don't like it.

In terms of his persona, it's about time we had someone a bit more cocksure.  Managing footballers isn't the same as managing an office or a pub.  Mourinho, Siralex, Klopp, Rodgers, Mancini - a lot of good managers have the propensity for an explosive episode. So long as he stays more on the side of being a Mourinho than a Di Canio then I think he'll be ok.

We're currently on course to go down as one of the worst teams in Premier League history, so we're going to need some fire, confidence and fresh thinking to get us back on track.

It could go spectacularly wrong, but I actually think we've made the right hire.

You make some valid points.  :thumb:

Well, I wish the bloke luck.

The good thing is, it can't get any worse than what we've seen this season.

It's a shame he wasn't given a transfer window to bring in players he wanted.

I think it's too little too late to keep us up though. But, I hope he can!

We're only in the relegation zone on goal difference, If he can't keep us up from here then he'll probably be sacked. I reckon we'll stay up.

No chance on that in my view. We've had around 65 percent of the season already and we are in the relegation zone. I think it's probably an assurance he has got that he'll be here for the start of next season whatever happens.

There might be a clause in the contract making it easier to do so should we get relegated. But if it's a close call maybe Randy will keep him on.

He'll certainly take no crap!

If you're not putting in 100% Tim will 'av ya!

Such a contrast to Lambert interviews! 100% honesty, no Bs. Love it

Yeh, I can also understand what he's on about! Never really grasped more than about 4 or 5 words of PL's post match performances.

Happy days!

• Like 1

Â